• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Inspection Austin Healey in Los Angeles

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hello,

I was just wondering, if there are at this forum other members aware of names and or companies who can inspect an Austin Healey in Los Angeles. This inspection has to take place on Saturday or Sunday next and It is for a possible purchase?

Look forward to your reply

Harry

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hama--

While I'm no where near LA and imagine you may get a local volunteer if this is the result of an online sale or listing with photos you would probably get some valuable input merely by posting a link to the sale's site. Good pictures of underbodies and the usual suspect areas can often be very revealing.

However if I were in your shoes and considering purchasing a car on a different continent with considerable shipping costs and no chance of return/refund I would be looking for a professional inspector-- a shop with a known reputation that does this for a fee with a precise protocol--rather than a Healey owner who,. after all, is probably just an amateur. Legitimate sellers will often agree to participate in such inspections.

robcadle

Country flag
I’m having British European Auto in San Pedro do a lot of my restoration project work. They are not open weekends but you may want to call them and see if they can help you. They always have 1-2 Healeys in the shop (besides mine). I’ve been happy with them so far.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
A guy in our club just sold a couple of Healeys to a place in calif that sells Healeys and lots of other cars. One was a green BJ8 & tge other a red 100.

Healey 100

Jedi Warrior
I have not at any interaction with him, but Kurt Tanner lives in LA and certainly knows Healeys. I am sure he will charge a fee for any inspection. Good inspectors will want to put the car on a lift to thoroughly inspect the undercarriage, that may be hard to get done on a weekend. Suggest you call him and feel it out.

https://kurttannermotorcars.com

OP
H

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have not at any interaction with him, but Kurt Tanner lives in LA and certainly knows Healeys. I am sure he will charge a fee for any inspection. Good inspectors will want to put the car on a lift to thoroughly inspect the undercarriage, that may be hard to get done on a weekend. Suggest you call him and feel it out.

https://kurttannermotorcars.com

I have contacted Kurt Tanner but due to his busy schedule he doesn't inspect cars for third parties anymore.