• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tracking #1 son

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
#1 son recently took a job flying for Sky West (they provide connecting services for different airlines (United, Delta, etc). When I know his Flight number is I can go to Flightradar24 and track him as he flies.

Just took this sucker << (see that word? That was supposed to say "screen" but auto-correct decided it should be "sucker") shot of him flying from Helena, MT to Denver. He had just overflown Yellowstone.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 8.18.29 AM.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Don't you just love auto-correct?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Don't you just love auto-correct?

I once used SIRI On my iPhone to compose a text message to my wife. I did not look at it closely before sending it. My wife texted me back and asked why I needed a tonsillectomy. True story.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
My favorite is "what's up" translated to "whore's bikinis". My wife got some good mileage out of that one!!

Back to the thread - Congratulations on your son becoming a pilot for the airlines! Hope he enjoys his time in the air and advances in the ranks - a dream of mine many years ago.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Might see in Monroe La. if does flights out of Dallas anytime. We do the on call maintenance for Sky West.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Congrats on sonโ€™s job and thanks proud dad for sharing.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I do the same with my son Is with cirrus aircraft and part of his job is traveling so a plane is needed rite?
lucky kid is always getting planes that have nothing for hours
when I come sto visit he always texts me the tail number
i then track him and meet him at the fob just in time!
wonder when he will visit with the SF50 hmm seems to always be on someoneโ€™s test list