• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Correct LED flasher relay

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Currently I have LED bulbs (1157) in the Front Left/Right turn signals and regular incandescent (1156) in the Rear Left/Right turn signals.
All turn signals work as they should. Tonight I replaced the rear turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs and turn signals do no flash.
Can someone recommend an electronic LED flasher unit that will work in my car? Make? Model number?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

SASSAMON

Not sure on the TR^ but the flasher circuit on the TR2-3 cars need a third contact for the dash indicator.

What is shown on Amazon and Moss are two contact units.

I have not tried one yet but my research has led me to the flasher EF33RL also available at Amazon and local car part stores.

Good luck with your turn signals may they blink brightly.

Roger

Tr4aJim

Elliot, I converted my TR4a turn signals (and brake lights) to LED bulbs, and used the Moss CEC electronic flasher (3 prong). I then had a problem where the stock turn signal indicator on the dash would continue to flash (for 10-15 seconds) after the signal was turned off. I have read on the various forums of others having this same issue.

As a test, (though Moss advises against doing this), I replaced the dash indicator bulb with an LED after market bulb that I found at my FLAPS. This fixed the problem to the extent that the indicator then only flashed one or two extra times after turning off the indicator.

I lived with it like that for awhile until I read of someone solving this problem using a “Flosser” electronic flasher. I found that British Parts Northwest sold them. I swapped one in and the problem went away. The only obvious difference between the CEC and Flosser units is that the CEC has a separate ground wire, while the Flosser does not.

Good luck,

Jim

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks guys. I just ordered the EF32RL. Hopefully that will work including the indicator light which by the way already has an LED bulb and is working fine.

Last edited:
OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The EF32RL arrived today. I just installed it and problem solved!
Jim- I can tell you that after the turn signal ends the indicator on my dash flashes maybe two times; I do not find it at all annoying since it only lasts 1-2 seconds. By the way, the indicator bulb is also LED.
Thanks for all the help guys!