• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Badly modified cars

OP
G

OMG some of those are so funny. That first shot on the top left, the Honda with the insanely large fart can on the back, I just about wizzed myself I was laughing so hard over that. I also love the yellow porsche with the street scoop pointing backwards on the rear. What possesses people to do these things to an innocent car?

Your right, the Jag is just in a class all by itself.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Aghhh! My eyes. Those are horrible, I did like the volvo with the gold paint and the 100 odd pounds of crap added to it. But that Jag its just unimaginably horribly, looks like something that should be in the book of revelations.

OP
G

Quick Walt, get the cutting torch so we can put these poor cars out of their misery before they suffer any longer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Radford

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Aghhh! My eyes. Those are horrible, I did like the volvo with the gold paint and the 100 odd pounds of crap added to it. But that Jag its just unimaginably horribly, looks like something that should be in the book of revelations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was someone trying to make the Jag a Maseratti? Good god. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
They took a good-looking car and made a monster out of it....to my eyes though, if that little blue Fiat was a genuine Abarth, the perpetrator should be ashamed.....it was a nice little Fiat before he got his hands on it, but an Abarth?

OP
G

I just went back to this site - I hadn't even realised there were multiple pages when I posted originally. This will keep me occupied all night now.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
On Page 8 theres a Daimler Dart that actually almost stock if you ignore the hood scoop and side pipes. I don't think the guy who posted knew that it was that ugly from the factory.
Sorry, I love most English cars, but I have my limits and the Dart is on the edge of good taste even with a proper restoration.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
That blue Daimler was at Watkins Glen a couple of years back. It's running a chevy 350 and was really butchered. The finishing touch was how he painted the sidepipes so they looked like they were hot.
I'm not a big fan of those cars either but I almost cried when I looked that one over.
Looked like they rebuilt a derelict with leftover Camaro parts.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Gentlemen, gentlemen.....you are throwing large rocks at the cars I love. Shame!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

Attachments

• 133834-garage.jpg
    133834-garage.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 54

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Dart, Sorry, I diden't mean to make poor remarks about the Daimler itsself. I was really criticizing What I felt was a disrespectful custom job that had been applied to that perticular car.
You make a valid point. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because a car dosen't strike my fancy, it dosen't give me the right to proclaim it hideous and expect all to agree.(that goes for someones custom job as well)
I will attempt to keep my tounge in check (or at least in cheek) in the future.
Your daimler would probably beat the pants off my bug-eyed boxy TR4 anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif