• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A little trip to Idaho via Utah

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Recently went up to Twin Falls Idaho for my Brother-in-Law's birthday (surprise party). On the way there and back we stopped at places like Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. Also stopped at several places in Utah to take scenic pictures. Here's a short video with some of the pictures from that trip. (Full Screen recommended)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wow, cool pics! Thanks for posting.

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We visited Utah when we did our Four Corner States road trip a couple of years back. Such a beautiful area. We missed Canyon Lands, but we did go to Zion, Arches, Painted Desert as well as Mesa Verde and more. Thanks for sharing Basil.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We visited Utah when we did our Four Corner States road trip a couple of years back. Such a beautiful area. We missed Canyon Lands, but we did go to Zion, Arches, Painted Desert as well as Mesa Verde and more. Thanks for sharing Basil.

If I had stopped at every location that could have been a good picture it would have taken 2 weeks to get home! That part of the country is a photographer's dream!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Great shots/video!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Great pictures (although I'd like to know where each was taken).
Makes you realize what a Great,Big country we live in.
Oh,& the music was perfect too.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Great pictures (although I'd like to know where each was taken).
Makes you realize what a Great,Big country we live in.
Oh,& the music was perfect too.

The very first picture was taken (I think) just south of Moab, UT on the trip up to Idaho.

The second Picture in somewhere around Castle Gate, UT (North of Price, UT)

The pictures starting with the Bridge and ending with the 2 pictures of the falls (Shoshone Falls) were all in and around Twin Falls, ID

The next several pictures with the snow covered peaks and lake were just south of Heber, UT and taken on the way back home.

Then a picture of Bridal Veil Falls, between Heber and Provo.

The train tracks were just north of Moab (again on the way back)

Then the pictures starting with us standing in front of the sign and ending with us sitting under a rock arch were all taken in Canyonlands National Park.

Beginning with the picture looking down on the high way till the end were all taken in Arches National Park. In the picture of the highway (taken near the entrance to the Arches Park) you can see Moab off in the distance.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks! I've driven that stretch from SLC to Price,Grand Junction,& Denver
many times,but didn't wander too far off of that route.
Stayed at the City Creek Motel in downtown Salt Lake City many times.
Clean & cheap,& built in the 40's or 50's.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Something I learned on my cross-country "Mac and Phyllis" drive in 2013: There's a story at just about every stop along the way. People, places, history - it's all there.

I could have spent weeks in every spot where I spent just one night.

Thanks for the video!
Tom M.

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Nice video! I think I recognized every spot.

Keith

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I lived in Utah for 4 years (stationed at Hill AFB) and regret that we didn't do more exploring while there.

Funny how that works. I've lived in places where there were some historic sites I didn't explore. Always expected to but never got that round tuit.