• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For Sale Spitfire Factory Hardtop

Jerseygirl

Jedi Trainee
SOLD!!! Got this top years ago with the intent to paint it black to match my '79 Spit, but have since decided to sell it, since I can't get it on and off the car by myself.

This is a factory hardtop. The paint is intact. There are some scratches here and there and it looks like the idiot previous owner spray painted something in the vicinity of this top because there is some overspray on it (you can see it in the first picture). It looks nice from a distance but up close you'll definitely see the overspray. There are no dents. The glass and seals are all intact. The seal around the rear window has cracks in it, but the window is solidly in place. The trim strip around that window is incomplete. The two side pop-out windows are intact including the hardware to open/close them. The headliner is complete and not sagging at all. There are some stains on the headliner and there is a ~1.5" long tear closer toward the front of the car. Overall the headliner is completely serviceable. I do not have the hardware to attach the top to the car.

$550. Top is located near Princeton, NJ. Local pick-up preferred, but if you commit to buy it, I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet you to save you some driving. Please PM me with any questions.

ext-fl-sm.jpg

ext-rr-sm.jpg

int1-sm.jpg

int3-sm.jpg

int4-sm.jpg

int6-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R For Sale Spitfire factory hardtop Triumph Classifieds 5
dklawson Spitfire Spitfire MkIV/1500 - Factory Front Spoiler? Triumph 3
motzart007 Wanted In search of used seats for 1969 Triumph Spitfire MKIII Triumph Classifieds 0
B For Sale GT6/Spitfire License Plate Light Assembly Triumph Classifieds 0
S Spitfire Triumph Spitfire 1300 engine SU carb problem Triumph 10
A Spitfire Spitfire Diff Pinion Seal? Triumph 2
3798j General TR Spitfire up in the Tree Triumph 2
tr6nitjulius General TR 6/24/23 TRIUMPH TR6 (5) TR8 (2) Spitfire (1 RHD of 2) TR3A (1) Triumph 0
E Spitfire '69 Spitfire hard top Triumph 2
D For Sale 1966 Spitfire 4 MK 2 for sale, Triumph Classifieds 1
R For Sale Spitfire MKIII projects Triumph Classifieds 0
Darwin Wanted Spitfire engine needed Triumph Classifieds 0
G Spitfire Spitfire 1500 differential whining Triumph 6
T Spitfire Spitfire MK2 Clutch Hydraulics Triumph 2
A Spitfire Spitfire Fuel pump issues Triumph 5
P Spitfire 1979 Triumph Spitfire starts then runs rough Triumph 2
Lairhead52 Wanted 78 Spitfire instrument panel lights / lenses Triumph Classifieds 3
D Spitfire 1980 California Spitfire, Help Figuring What To Do With It? Triumph 15
W Spitfire 1975 Spitfire 1500 shifting problems when hot Triumph 8
K TR2/3/3A Mystery Clutch MC? Spitfire....TR4....69-70 TR6??? Triumph 2
K Spitfire 1978 Spitfire possible Vapor Lock? Triumph 16
R Spitfire Turn signal wiring Spitfire Triumph 5
S Spitfire Spitfire 1296 engines Triumph 1
D Wanted WTB: Late Triumph Spitfire Top Frame Triumph Classifieds 8
C Spitfire 1967 Triumph Spitfire Triumph 2
Dnickels Spitfire Spitfire mk2 front suspension too soft Triumph 2
T For Sale One Owner 1969 Spitfire for sale Triumph Classifieds 0
Dnickels Spitfire Spitfire lighting issues Triumph 4
SteveTheBrewer Spitfire Spitfire Rebuild Update Triumph 5
Basil Spitfire 74 Spitfire Barn Find Triumph 1
I Spitfire Triumph Spitfire 1500 refuses to awake after 10 year hibernation Triumph 6
I Spitfire spitfire 1500 refuses to awake after 10 years Triumph 2
B Spitfire Mk3 seat rails Triumph Classifieds 0
M Spitfire 1500 LH Door Triumph Classifieds 0
P Spitfire Bits Triumph Classifieds 1
M 1976 Spitfire 1500 (RHD) Triumph Classifieds 2
B COMPLETE DROP-IN Rebuilt 1975/6 MG Midget 1500 engine PLUS rebuilt Spitfire Overdrive trans NEVER INSTALLED Spridgets Classified 2
FlyingCat Wanted 1980 Spitfire Rear Bumper Triumph Classifieds 2
SteveTheBrewer Spitfire Triumph Spitfire Restoration Blog Triumph 22
R Spitfire Spitfire 1500 Triumph 3
T Spitfire Spitfire lights Triumph 7
Basil Spitfire How do I adjust SU carbs on my Spitfire? Triumph 5
F Spitfire No output from coil HELP!! 1972 Spitfire 1.3L Accusspark Triumph 19
glemon Spitfire Spitfire Questions Triumph 7
tr6nitjulius General TR TR6*8 TR4*2 GT6 Spitfire Triumph 2
J For Sale 1974 Spitfire for sale Triumph Classifieds 0
F Spitfire Triumph Spitfire , what fuel to run Her on with no engine history? Triumph 11
J Spitfire 1979 Spitfire Running rough [sputtering, exhaust poping] at start up Triumph 2
eschneider Spitfire Float height - '64 spitfire w/ dual HS2 Triumph 1
S For Sale Triumph Spitfire Workshop Manual on CD/ROM - 1962 - 1978 Triumph Classifieds 0