• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Beethoven & Baseball

Bawanadic

During a performance of Beethoven's ninth symphony the string section had little to do especially the bass players.
One of them turned to another and said:" I'm thirsty let's go get a drink at the bar across the street."
The other base player replied: " We can't do that!! The conductor will kill us!!!"
To which the first base player replied:" No sweat! I know the conductor and he allows us to sneak out the back for emergencies. Just roll up the score and tie it to the end of the music stand and he'll think we slipped out to the bathroom."
They then tied the music to the stand and slipped out the back and across the street to the bar.
One drink led to another and by the time they realized it it was already the final stanza of the symphony.
They run across the street and into the back of the stage with such a ruckus that when the conductor looked up he noticed that:
It was the bottom of the ninth.
The score was tied and the bases were loaded.

Sorry in advance to all you punaphobics.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Very punny. Lets hope this doesn't touch off a large scale pun war.

MattP

Jedi Knight
No puns, but it does remind me of Shakespeare Baseball that I heard on NPR years ago. I nearly wrecked out laughing.

MattP

Jedi Knight
The line that stuck with me was "The pitcher hath bean-ed him."