• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tape is not dead.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'll wait for 8 tracks to come back!
I still have my Craig Powerplay & NOS matching speakers.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have my eight track hooked up to my stereo.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I have an old 8 track tape somewhere but nothing to play it on. I also have several reel-to-reel tapes that I need to convert someday. Problem is my tape machine. Its clutches are shot so it can't maintain necessary tension on the tapes. Maybe someday.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bayless, I have a good friend who is an electronics repairman. He has a cushy job now but if you want it fixed I can all him up and see if he is interested in taking it in. If you'd like an 8track player and some tapes I am thinking of getting rid of mine.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Walt, the tape player is in storage so I'll have to find it and get the model but it could be worthwhile at least finding out if it can be repaired. As for the 8-tracks, I am already pack rat enough, thank you. And Greg, I understand what you are saying but converting formats then the cleaning up is a very time consuming job and I need to work on my home remodel and my LBC (plus Super Beetle) projects. I have done 4 or 5 vinyl LPs so far and cleaned with Audacity and I can state for certain it is a slow job. I only have a hundred or so more to go.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<snip> I have done 4 or 5 vinyl LPs so far and cleaned with Audacity and I can state for certain it is a slow job. I only have a hundred or so more to go.

I have "ripped" my entire vinyl collection and done the same - cleaned up in Audacity. Now all my LPs reside as MP3s on my Fiio Music player.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I used to have a 4 track. Remember them?

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Four-track! Wow, hardly remember those at all. Was it a Muntz?

Ours was in our AFRTS Radio station. The commercials and announcements came on them.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Was that Quadraphonic Sound? Another thing I missed completely that became obsolete very quickly. That and 8-track, whatever that was. By the time I hear about something, it's already obsolete. I still have my AT & T flip phone. I can make telephone calls on it and actually receive them too, believe it or not - all from a little box. Someone told me that it could also take pictures and I could text on it if only I knew how...