• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Almost Ours

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
watermark.jpgwatermark.jpgwatermark.jpgwatermark.jpgwatermark.jpg

Additional todos - turbo installation, updated transponder and additional paint enhancement. Looking at a target date of June to start flying. I'll be a contented passenger at least for a while.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Cool! Hey I have some left over spray paint in various colors - I'd be happy to paint it for ya!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Congratulations!

Per the ad, awfully thoughtful of the seller to include doors!

I see it's registered in West Virginia - how'd you ever decide on an amateur built helo, located so far from New Mexico?

Tom M.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
If you paint it may I suggest this color scheme:
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

OP
judow

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Rhody, super cool warms my heart.

Boss your kind offer is duly noted.

Tom doors are optional. Helicopter is not home built, it’s a Rotorway and is not in WV. These airships are not in great numbers and one in a person’s backyard is not a viable option.

Walter, of course you can make a suggestion.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Judy. Thanks for the info. You might want to take a look at the FAA registry. The tail number in your photos is N441GL.

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?nNumberTxt=441GL

Note the FAA description "amateur built". Manufacturer is shown as Ryan Gross, the builder. Rotorway made the kit. Serial number 8089.

Anyway, congratulations on the new wheels (and rotors!).

Tom M.

OP
judow

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Hi Tom. Yes we know it’s history. It’s considered amateur as it is manufactured by Rotorway but assembled by owner. Fortunately Ryan assembled with the top mechanic/adviser in the states. He inspected every bolt. When we register the A600 Talon, Doug and I will then become the manufacturer. Appreciate your input. We have done our due diligence and all suggestions/info is welcomed. Any future maintance will be done by Doug who as luck will have it has an A&P license.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Judy. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Got worried when you said it's "not home built, it's a Rotorway".

One of my jobs at the air museum is to trace registrations and check details.

Tom M.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
SUPER Judy! Very happy for you, may you have many happy hours flying in it! Looks like a nice fun machine, Enjoy! :encouragement:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats Judy and Doug. Now you can get rid of this...
D4B05A7D-2341-499F-AF48-F623AD93B5F5.jpeg

Enjoy and have fun!

Last edited: