• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TVR owners on this list?

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
I was wondering how many TVR owners frequesnt this list. It is a shame that there are so few of us that own these fine cars. Even fewer have a Wedge like mine. If there are any here, where are you from and what do you drive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
There are a few TVR owners on the forum, and at least one other wedge owner. Welcome aboard.

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Hey Russ,
I drive an 84 280i coupe. Found it in a carport with 6002 miles on it. Now it has 10200. Love driving it. There are 4 other 280i's in the Orlando area I just can't get them all together for a picture.
As you said TVR's rock!!
Rick
84 TVR 280i
78 MGB

OP
TXCoyote

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
Any North Texas owners?

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Hey Russ,
Sorry, I haven't checked the forum in a while. There are a few of us who are on this list and I hope it will continue to grow.
How's your 280i doing?

Marshall Moore
1978 TVR Taimar 5000

OP
TXCoyote

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
Marshall,

It is running great after a recent ValveJob. Had a bad Cylinder (Blown headgasket) so I used the opportunity to freshen the top end. Runs like a Scalded Dog now. Everything else is coming along. Soon to repaint and change to a free flowing exhaust. Otherwise it is excellent. I'll try and make Woodwork but more likely it'll be next year as I am really busy at work.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Russ, glad to hear the 280i is running so well now. All the more reason to hit the road and make Woodwork this year. There won't be another one like the 25th anniversary event with Martin Lilley. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a TVR owner. Think of this as a break from the hectic work schedule (I am).....make your plans now.
Hope to see you there.
Marshall

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Just changed the water pump and cooling fan yesterday. A 76 Capri one fits but there is no thread for the mechanical fan so I switched to an electric fan that works even better than the original. Man I enjoy driving that car just wish it was convertable.
Cheers
Rick

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
AS with any other car, condition is everything. Parts are available, but the fewer you need right off, the better. How is the interior? How is the body? Is it owned by an enthusiast? And finally most important, is it a price you are willing to pay?

Kirk

Freshman Member
body is good, low milage, I can't remember the actual numbers. Has fake wood panels on the dashboard, some cracks. Drive and accellerates smoothly. Top is in good condition, looks like original radio/casette player. Tires are excellents, wheels are excellent. I am very willing to pay $10,900 for it.

OP
TXCoyote

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking at a 1989 280i for sale, they want 10,900 for it. Is this a good deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view, that would be top dollar so the car would need to be in top shape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
First of all Kirk, I would ask if you made a typo in the year of the 280i. TVR only imported cars into the US through early 1987 so there were no 1989 models available.
As Jesse said, it depends on the condition of the car, etc.
If it's a nice car, well maintained, with thorough documentation and records, that may not be bad.
If you can e-mail me off line at tvrccna@cox.net and give me any and all information you have on the car, I will be glad to research it in the model registry and see what I can find for you.
Thanks,
Marshall

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
If we get a few more of you guys we may have to open a TVR forum here....there goes the neighborhood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just kidding. Congratulations on your new toy! Be sure to post a picture here (and also in the members ride gallery).

Basil

D

Deleted member 3577

I heard that the Griffith 400 was voted the most dangerous car ever made. Got to love that! My little brother has a Vixen that is wicked quick with just the cross flow engine. He says he is considering getting rid of it because it is almost undriveable on the street. ( On the track it would be great except if anyone hits you, or you have an off...your DEAD! ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I don't know if the Griffith was THE MOST DANGEROUS car ever built, but in the wrong hands, it certainly could be a problem. As far as ending up dead if you have an off in a Vixen (or other TVR), you'd be surprised just how strong those cars are. In many cases, people stand a better chance of survival in a crash in a TVR than in a lot of other cars, but there are always expections to any rule.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
If I were to buy another LBC, it would be a TVR - I didn't get a chance to drive one until after I got my '4A and I have to admit I LOVED the way it handled! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif I'd still rather have a ragtop tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif