• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mousers

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
How I can tell when there is a mouse under the fridge.

mousers.jpg

Attachments

• mousers.jpg
    mousers.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
I use a Victor electronic rat trap. Ten thousand volts of effectiveness.

jdroadster

Freshman Member
I had a friend that lived in a wooded area and got lots of mice. He would live trap them with a tall plastic garbage bin. He set up an incline to the top of the bin that had this little seesaw at top that went vertical when the mouse crossed over. He had some peanut butter on a cracker hanging on a string suspended in midair above the bin. So the mice would go across the seesaw for the food and of course fall into the bin.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've an opossum the size of our cats. Bugger brazenly walked into th' garage yesterday afternoon to munch out on a bowl of cat food. I had to yell at it and stomp my feet to chase it out. The cats (Fred, Ethel and Lucy) all ran after it into the back yard. Didn't see what happened after that but guessing the beast got away clean. Cats returned unscathed. Gotta get out the critter trap. I'll end up catching my cats a few times before I get the big rat, I'm certain.

dklawson

Yoda
Beautiful mousers you have there. Sadly we just had to have our 19 year old mouser put to sleep. He would hunt in the garage and bring his new "toys" into the house during the night.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Such concentration. Sam will wait for hours and generally will catch one. We have outside traps serviced by Critter Control so his mousing techniques have not been tested lately. I think Sam is a close cousin of your two. Indeed he was a rescue at PetsMart and originally was asurrender from0EC293F8-5D86-4FA1-8F8C-D6213638A10B.jpg Edgewood.

Attachments

• 59A5323E-8E07-4459-B558-DFC952743765.jpg
    59A5323E-8E07-4459-B558-DFC952743765.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 27

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The last "mouser" I had would sleep on top of a stack of boxes on a pallet while the mice played on the floor. :sleeping:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
When I worked at a landscape company, I used to take care of the "yard dog", a dobie-shepherd mix that was a very accomplished hunter, taking down groundhogs, opossums, rats, She got into a Mexican standoff with a raccoon -- the racoon was cornered and couldn't escape, but it was too fierce for her to take down. We had a rat one time only get partially caught in a trap and escaped from it. There was a bloody footprint tracked across the office (which was locked) and into the kitchen area, where the prints inexplicably stopped in the middle of the room. I looked over at the dog and called her name "Scally?" and she looked up at me and slowly thumped her tail on the ground.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Mine will play with them when he isn't hungry. He has figured out that they can't escape the tub so sometimes you'll go into the bathroom and find a half dead mouse limping around waiting for its tormentor to return.

jdroadster

Freshman Member
Talking about large cats, my in-laws in Kentucky had a wild cat move into their garage a few years ago. Turned out it was a bobcat. Talk about a mouser! They had to get animal control in to remove it