• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Very Good Friend, very bad news

Basil

Administrator
Boss
A very good and long-time friend of mine, Ed, is in rehab after suffering a serious stroke and being in ICU for an extended time. Ed was a Staff Sergeant (4 stripes) when I was a "2 striper" stationed at the 24th NORAD Region in Great Falls, MT. We were both maintenance men on the NORAD SAGE Computer system. He was a real stickler for making sure us young airmen were in line with respect to the rules and regs. I remember my first encounter with Ed was when he caught me in the stairwell heading up to the 3rd floor and I had my fatigue jacked unzipped but had not removed the jacket yet! Per AFR 35-10, when you are indoors, your jacket, if worn, is supposed to be zipped up, otherwise it is OFF. I was clearly out of uniform and Ed let me know it (he was the type of guy who would not hesitate to tell a full bird colonel that he need to put his hat on outdoors.)

Nevertheless, over the years Ed and I became very good friends. We have kept in touch even to this day. As strict as he was about the regs, he was also one of those guys who would give you the shirt off his back to help you if you needed help. Ed was also one of those guys who had a work ethic that was beyond reproach. To say he was dedicated to the job would be an understatement.

Fast forward to today. I just received a call from Ed's wife, Betty, and she informed my that Ed was still in rehab, but that he was going to have a leg amputated on Monday. Seems he has developed some severe circulation issues in his leg and the only solution at this point to save his life is amputation. I am really depressed at this news and ask that you all keep my friend Ed inn your thoughts and prayers.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
will do - and you as well - it is pretty hard to watch as well. (sometimes harder)

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Will do as well, as well. Sad as this is... You are a compassionate friend and that is good. Tough though. I will keep my fingers crossed.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I do hope they got a second opinion! A friend of a friend was told that just a few months ago, but refused the surgery and instead went to a "herbal" doctor. I don't place a lot of faith in herbs, but her gangrene (or whatever was turning it black) is gone and she can still walk.