• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wanted Reproduction of the Shelley brand lift jack decal shown

rr64

Country flag
Wanted To Buy: Hello I am trying to find out if there is a commercial reproduction of this style water slide decal for Shelley brand automotive jacks.

web size.jpg

Thanks for looking. Dan

number6

Jedi Trainee
Dan, I think you can go to a sign maker and have them do a reproduction. I did that for several stickers on my Rover 2000 TC. As I remember it didn't cost more than 5-6 dollars.

OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I haven't found anybody with a complete decal to see what all is included in the text yet. Dan

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
Based on this Shelley decal https://mhartman.net/files/sunbeam/Sunbeam Tool Kit - Rootes Review January 2011.pdf, do you think the writing may be "Made in England"? The bottom lettering certainly looks like England, hard to make out whether the top words would be "Made in" from the picture.

I haven't found a picture of intact decal. Looking at remains of several it might just have three words in the red, gold, and black oval decal, might be:

BIRMINGHAM
SHELLEY
ENGLAND

There is a Shelley 7DL model for sale on ebay® USA currently with remains of one of the oval decals shown in a picture.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I haven't found a picture of intact decal. Looking at remains of several it might just have three words in the red, gold, and black oval decal, might be:

BIRMINGHAM
SHELLEY
ENGLAND

There is a Shelley 7DL model for sale on ebay® USA currently with remains of one of the oval decals shown in a picture.

Looking at the eBay jack and considering Shelley was based in Birmingham, I think it's safe to say that's what is on the top of the decal:

s-l1600.jpg

Contact David Townsend at sportscarart.com for help in reproducing the decal.

OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
Looking at the eBay jack and considering Shelley was based in Birmingham, I think it's safe to say that's what is on the top of the decal:Contact David Townsend at sportscarart.com for help in reproducing the decal.

Thanks for the lead, I was hoping that reproductions were already a commercial product.
Dan

mstr

Freshman Member
Country flag
Wanted To Buy: Hello I am trying to find out if there is a commercial reproduction of this style water slide decal for Shelley brand automotive jacks.

View attachment 51645

Thanks for looking. Dan
Hi Dan, I just saw your request. I am going to have some decals produced. If you are still interested?

Attachments

• Shelley Sticker.png
    Shelley Sticker.png
    446 KB · Views: 60

mstr

Freshman Member
Country flag
It will be a water slide. But take notice that the size is a guess because I do not have the original dimensions

OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
It will be a water slide. But take notice that the size is a guess because I do not have the original dimensions
I know someone that might have enough left to get either a height or width. In early 2018 I could have done measurements myself if I had thought I needed them.

Last edited:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Dan, If it isn't to much, I would be interested in a couple of Shelley decals. PJ

mstr

Freshman Member
Country flag
Dan, if you could get me the correct dimensions, I will try to stop the production process
I have ordered 30 decals and 30 stickers. The number can easily be increased.
By the way I am a private Cobra 289 owner, not a professional decal producer, Michael

OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
Dan, if you could get me the correct dimensions, I will try to stop the production process
By the way I am a private Cobra 289 owner, not a professional decal producer, Michael
I will see if the jack is still intact (as in not redone for his Cobra).

Last edited:
OP
rr64

rr64

Country flag
If you care to, contact me through a "conversation" to exchange direct contact informaton.

Last edited: