• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New to the site but not to LBCs

mhemsley

Freshman Member
Hi, I'm Mike, and I'm a car addict. I've been around long enough to have owned way too many cars, if that's possible. First car I bought was an early Spitfire. Then the LBCs came in this order (with a lot of other cars mixed in):

'68 Lotus Europa
'56 Lotus 11 LM (I bought it in '69 from Evel Kneivel's father and raced it in '70-71)
'63? Sunbeam Tiger
'60 and '67 Morris Minors (Katrina drowned them)
'49 Austin Dorset (listed for sale on here)
'91 Lotus Elan M100 (bought last Friday to satisfy my renewed Lotus Lust)

I've also owned a number of other interesting cars, including a '66 GT350 (bought new), '88 Saleen Mustang, '78 SAAB 99 Turbo (ugh), Cadillac CTS V, SVT Focus, and a total of 14 Alfa Romeos. Cars I have now are a 2013 Focus ST, '73 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super, '91 Lotus Elan M100, and the Austin Dorset.

I'm a member of the Southern British Car Club here in Chattanooga, and the English Motoring Club of MS. I'm also a member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club and SCCA. Now that I'm retired from the real world (took me 3 tries to stay retired), I write for Vintage Roadcar magazine where I profile some very cool cars. I also cover the three production classes and GT Lite at the SCCA Runoffs - been doing that since 1983, and this might be my last year for the Runoffs.

Glad to have found this site - donation coming soon.

Cheers!

Mike Hemsley

OP
M

mhemsley

Freshman Member
Welcome to the BCF Mike. It sounds like you will fit right in here. We always enjoy seeing photos of your cars. Enjoy the ride!!!

Thank you for the welcome. Soon as I figure out how to upload photos, I'll get some posted. One of the things I recently did for the magazine is to profile, and test drive, a Mirage M2 BRM race car. I'll have to post something about that soon.

Mike

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I love the Europas.
Hopefully our paths will cross,as we're moving
to Roanoke,VA,which isn't too far away.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thank you for the welcome. Soon as I figure out how to upload photos, I'll get some posted. One of the things I recently did for the magazine is to profile, and test drive, a Mirage M2 BRM race car. I'll have to post something about that soon.

Mike

Welcome Mike - go look in the "Video Tutorial" sub-forum (sub forum of the "Forum Navigation Help" forum) and you'll fine tutorial videos on how to upload pictures here and much more.

Basil