• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any ideas what could have done this?

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
These marks appeared this morning on my son's house. He lives in a residential neighborhood the marks are on both sides of the corner board as if a animal climbed it. IMG_1244.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Small bear? BIG raccoon?

Time for a "CritterCam"!

OP
Rhodyspit75

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
We are thinking raccoon but what would leave the black marks?

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Sneaker or shoe marks? Someone climbing up to or down from the roof. Are the kids back to school yet?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Sasquatch?

Could be worse. A bear could have wiped itself.
Does a bear poop in the woods? Of course, but did you ever wonder about afterwards? Gary Larson used to cartoon that they use rabbits to wipe themselves, but I saw this Grizzly rub itself on a log in Alaska. Yes, I have a video too.
:wink-new:
Just got back in time for the eclipse.

2017-08-14 23.13.51.jpg

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm going with raccoon for $200, Alex. "Tracks may appear as smudge marks on the side of a house where a raccoon shimmies up and down a downspout or utility pipe."

can-raccoons-climb-house-e1476818331331.jpg

Any noises coming from the attic? We had a bunch of them we had to clean out from my folks attic, the exterminator went right to the porch pole they used to climb up on the roof and into the attic. Expert tip, they like Kentucky Fried Chicken Extra Crispy as bait for the Hav-A-Hart trap.

D

Deleted member 8987

These marks appeared this morning on my son's house. He lives in a residential neighborhood the marks are on both sides of the corner board as if a animal climbed it. View attachment 50089

Lack of deep scratches eliminates bears. Raccoons would have had small scratches. My thought is a JrHi or Hi Schooler who wanted to see if he could still hold onto a corner and climb a wall.\
Is "Spiderman" showing locally? For inspiration?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I personally think it might be the Jersey Devil.

Mert

Raccoons.. Climbing up&down the spout. Purpose is to construct a breeding place in the attic for the female to bear her young. This happened to my neighbor. Had the same markings on the down spout.