• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chasing Squeaks and Groans - Stabilizer Bar for starters

Sinecure

Freshman Member
I successfully installed a Speedwell stabilizer bar on my 60 Sprite. My Sprite has always made lots of creaking and groaning noises from the suspension. Today I decided to try to mitigate some of the noise. One place I noticed squeeking/groaning from is the stabilizer bar. Any suggestions on making it go away? Spray lube of some sort? It is installed correctly with the bushing in there and the stop nuts where they should be (I think).

Also, suggestions for getting the rear end to quiet down a bit? Can I just spray lube into/onto the leaf springs?

1974MGMidget

If you have poly bushings in the swaybar and didn't grease them, they can squeak like crazy. There is a specific, very thick grease used for that. grease.jpg

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Just a touch of moly grease where bushings contact chassis and the bars.
clean the bushing with alcohol to remove the mold release first.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
When I rebuilt Springs on Bugsy IV I used a graphite paint from Tractor Supply on all sliding surfaces. But need to be apartvtobpaintbthem.