• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Oh to be young again!

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Reliving my Healey past of my ground up resto done late 80's...(who did that back then?) Stole the photo idea from some one we all know. Hope he can post his originals...Enjoy..

Pete

Attachments

• oh to be young again 2.jpg
    oh to be young again 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 221
Country flag
Reliving my Healey past of my ground up resto done late 80's...(who did that back then?) Stole the photo idea from some one we all know. Hope he can post his originals...Enjoy..

Pete
Here's a nekkid pic of BN6L/942 taken sometime mid-'87; there were at least a couple of us ;)

Healey_Chassis.jpg

By that time, I hadn't quite owned the car ten (<10) years, only having purchased it April 1st, 1978 (tax refund check providing the 25% down-payment). The really funny part, was that I thought I could get the car done in about six (6) months; ultimately, it was closer to twenty-one (21) years!

OP
HEALEYJAG

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Here's a nekkid pic of BN6L/942 taken sometime mid-'87; there were at least a couple of us ;)

Healey_Chassis.jpg

By that time, I hadn't quite owned the car ten (<10) years, only having purchased it April 1st, 1978 (tax refund check providing the 25% down-payment). The really funny part, was that I thought I could get the car done in about six (6) months; ultimately, it was closer to twenty-one (21) years!

Your gonna hate me..took 10 months on a perfect straight rust free car...had the frame dipped, legal back then, and built her up...............

Got the original picture idea, before and after from Reid Trummel.........I believe...hoping he would post his original photos too!

Country flag
Your gonna hate me..took 10 months on a perfect straight rust free car...had the frame dipped, legal back then, and built her up...............

Got the original picture idea, before and after from Reid Trummel.........I believe...hoping he would post his original photos too!
LOL, no, but what I lacked in speed (spelled D-O-L-L-A-R-S) I made up for in perseverance ;)

I actually had the floors/sills/rockers repaired, whole chassis blasted/painted, all suspension blasted/painted, and rebuilt the engine/trans and back in the car in about a year. I took it apart September 1986, and I fired it up and drove it out of the garage__sans any exterior body panels__December 31st, 1987. It was the finish bodywork that ate my lunch; I couldn't make it meet my own standards, and I wasn't willing to compromise, so it took years before I finally swallowed hard and had Paul Tsikuris handle that and the paint.

Country flag
This is an early picture, possibly the only pictures of me and the car together, taken sometime around November 1978.

Not something I'd be keen to reenact...

IMG_2357.jpgIMG_2358.jpg

Also seen are the late Lou Busch (rightmost), then current president of the Austin-Healey Club Pacific Centre, and the late Ray Caivano (center).

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Those retro photos are so cool! Thanks for sharing guys.

My brother recently sent some early photos taken by our father in the late 70's showing my derelict AH 3000 BJ7 just pulled from the weeds; then 14 years later on the road partially restored (sans interior). In youth, optimism prevails. But with more tools; resources and $$s, I might take on another derelict. :rolleye: Currently looking into a Corvair CORSA 140 4sp with "desert package" option. This was my college daily driver.