• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Happy 150th birthday to ...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
on behalf of my people I thank you. and wish you the best on your forthcoming celebration as well.

dklawson

Yoda
On one of my favorite vacation trips my wife and I "accidentally" found ourselves in Ottawa on Canada Day. We planned our trip not knowing the significance of July 1st. We spent the day downtown taking part in the celebrations. It was a really great and unplanned event that I will always remember.

Happy Canada Day!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
On one of my favorite vacation trips my wife and I "accidentally" found ourselves in Ottawa on Canada Day. We planned our trip not knowing the significance of July 1st. We spent the day downtown taking part in the celebrations. It was a really great and unplanned event that I will always remember.

Happy Canada Day!

I was in Ottawa on Canada Day back in the 80's quite coincidentally. We had been doing some radar evaluations in Canada and I had to brief some Canadian big wigs in Ottawa. It's been a while but one thing I remember was a really cool light show they projected onto the face of the (I think) Parliament building. Do they still do that?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Doesn't look a day over 120.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Canadian memories. Drinking Dow and Molson's on St. Catherine St. after a hockey game in the Forum where I saw Maurice Richard score 3 or 4 goals vs. the Blackhawks. Skiing at Mt. Tremblant when all the Vermont areas were rained out. Visiting friends in Toronto and seeing a Bugatti replica in the small shop where they were made. Staying in Quebec City after driving there in my 1940 Ford sedan after high school graduation in 1951. Dating French girls who spoke no English in Trois Riviere and dancing with them in a boxing club with the local boys cutting in. Dining on Smoked Meat at Ben's and Schwartz's and comparing the two. Comparing Montreal bagels to New York. Breakfast at Beauties.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Always loved this tune:

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My two favorite Canadians, visiting a Canadian Icon the "Bluenose" Happy 150 Canada!

IMG_0403.jpg
Paul

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I was in Ottawa on Canada Day back in the 80's quite coincidentally. We had been doing some radar evaluations in Canada and I had to brief some Canadian big wigs in Ottawa. It's been a while but one thing I remember was a really cool light show they projected onto the face of the (I think) Parliament building. Do they still do that?

I think so

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Canadian memories. Drinking Dow and Molson's on St. Catherine St. after a hockey game in the Forum where I saw Maurice Richard score 3 or 4 goals vs. the Blackhawks. Skiing at Mt. Tremblant when all the Vermont areas were rained out. Visiting friends in Toronto and seeing a Bugatti replica in the small shop where they were made. Staying in Quebec City after driving there in my 1940 Ford sedan after high school graduation in 1951. Dating French girls who spoke no English in Trois Riviere and dancing with them in a boxing club with the local boys cutting in. Dining on Smoked Meat at Ben's and Schwartz's and comparing the two. Comparing Montreal bagels to New York. Breakfast at Beauties.

Wow, you might be more Canadian than I am!!!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Happy Canada Day!

We had this happen last year in Iceland - it was absolutely delightful! Of course being the summer solstice and 24 hours of sunlight not fireworks. :grin:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well, last night the weather finally cleared (was a rainy day!) and so, time for fireworks. Met up with Mark and Mrs Mark and family (Abarth69) to watch the fireworks. We live a couple of blocks from Lake Ontario - and about 20 minutes walk away is a spit sticking into the lake. This allows us to see all of downtown Toronto at once - which means we got to see four sets of fireworks - the first from the CN Tower - very very cool! and the next three at the same time in different parts of the city - Oh and we got to see three more sets of fireworks to the west of us (Mississauga) as we walked there. All in all a lovely end to a lovely day!

and now on to the 4th!

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold