• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What was that car?

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Spotted this car on the way down to St. Augustine.

What was a bit ironic, I had to slow down (from 75mph) to let him pass.

would have expected him to blast past at 95mph.......like the mini-vans.

what was it? Anybody know?

9B6002B2-4611-4570-9D68-F4FC7DF5AF5A.JPG

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My first impression was that it was an Opel GT, but after looking at one, I'm probably wrong. The Opel GT had 4 lights on the back, two tail lights and two back up lights, but saying that, it sure looks like an Opel. :confuse: PJ

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thought Lotus too, but the badge isn't quite right.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Nice to see them coming back to the States.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Doc's going to burn a Corvette (or Camero) in your front yard....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We've a dealership locally, a number of them are out-and-about here. Good looking but too complex, IMHO.

...and burnin' ~any~ GFRP cars would be sacrilege. But a Camaro, well.... :smirk:

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Love the 4C in oh so many ways.

But luckily for my bank account, I'll never be tempted.

Nor by most any other new cars either. No manual gearbox?!

flappy-paddle-bad-detail_grande.png

OP
GTP1960

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
My thoughts, exactly (DCT's included).

here's the AR marketing Dept. Response:

[h=2]"Twin Clutch Transmission with Launch Control[/h]The 4C Spider is equipped with an Alfa TCT 6-speed automatic transmission with a twin clutch and paddle shifters, a solution that combines the instant power of a sequential shift with all the convenience of an automatic. Pressing the brake pedal while fully pushing the accelerator pedal and triggering the left paddle on the steering wheel activates Launch Control. The moment the brake pedal is released, the system automatically controls the transmission, traction and power to maximize acceleration".

"

[h=2]Race-inspired performance[/h]The 4C Spider boasts 237 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque, 136 hp/liter and a blazing top speed of 160 mph. A quick look at the engine reveals an all-aluminum design with 4 valves per cylinder, a new-generation turbocharger, ultra-high pressure direct fuel injection and a dual-core intercooler that cools intake air before it reaches the turbocharger."
i'm not sure what all that means, but it sounds like they have really optimized a 1750cc aluminum block engine for performance

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
here's the AR marketing Dept. Response:...
And in here's my view. Because of the wife's arthritic knee, there's one vehicle in the garage with a 7 speed dual clutch transmission and launch control. It's an Audi S5 that has similar acceleration figures to the 4c. While it's a beautiful coupe that is fast as stink and it's DCT is reviewed as one of the best (read quick shifting), honestly, the fun factor isn't nearly as high as the same vehicle with a MT. Even though the MT version is (statistically) slower, it doesn't feel slower, and the driving experience is so much neater. I guess I just need that third pedal. I've used launch control once...you just sit there and steer.

Last edited: