• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member in the Texas Hill Country

jkclassics

Freshman Member
This is Joel in Fredericksburg, Texas. I have a '60 Sprite, my second in recent years. Sold the first when we moved to Texas from Pennsylvania but I kept my eyes peeled and eventually found another on eBay. As a young Navy officer back in the early '70s, I briefly had a Sunbeam Alpine before selling it when I got transferred. After retiring from the Navy, I went to McPherson College for their automotive restoration technology program and worked at Ragtops and Roadsters, a British car repair and restoration shop in Perkasie, PA for several years.

The current Bugeye is a work in progress. The previous owner had it painted very nicely in a Mini color, chili red, but didn't do much mechanically. Working now on sorting out various issues, with a long-term goal to replace the 948cc engine with a 1275 after I get the latter rebuilt.
Bugeye front quarter.jpg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Joel, welcome to the BCF! You've come to the right place.

I hope you know about the Austin-Healey Conclave in Waco next month. It ought to be a great time. Even if your Bugeye is not up for the trip, you should come just to soak up the ambience and inspiration. I'll be there with one of my Bugeyes (pictured below).

Hope to see you there!