• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is this jumbo jet?

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
C4D9AE91-25E6-470B-B965-8F5958D8DEDD.jpg
Leaving Miami, I was surprised at how BIG that British Airways plane is.
what is that thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8987

Even from that angle and no point of reference for size, the double row of windows is a clue.

"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going"

catfood

Jedi Knight
Looks to me as if it has been designed with a stretch in mind at some point in the future - it looks a little 'tubby' as it is.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Looks to me as if it has been designed with a stretch in mind at some point in the future - it looks a little 'tubby' as it is.
I said the same thing to my wife once, ONCE!! :nonod:, bad move. For some reason she didn't think it was as funny as I did. :devilgrin: PJ

Woman have no sense of humor :rolleyes2:.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yes, bad decision Paul.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Wait until a US airline gets one. I suspect they will put in enough seats so you won't be comfortable.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
There may be a good reason the word "bus" is in the name Airbus.

View attachment 48320

Oh, for the days of passenger planes with two by two seating and a single aisle.

View attachment 48319

Flying was more expensive - but maybe you enjoyed it more?

PS - interesting that I could find lots of pictures of passengers inside the older 2x2 planes, but not many of passengers inside a 380.

OP
GTP1960

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
everyone of those seats look like first class on a current domestic plane.

overseas first class is a different animal....reclines nicely for sleeping......last holdout for comfort, but boy do you have to pay for it.

OP
GTP1960

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Even from that angle and no point of reference for size, the double row of windows is a clue.

"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going"

i think I was in a 737. Wing tip to wing tip I bet that monster stood at least 15 feet taller & 20 feet longer.
has 4 massive engines on the wings. Must really push the tolerances of the runway & taxi lanes.
Modern day "spruce goose" came to mind.

D

Deleted member 8987

i think I was in a 737. Wing tip to wing tip I bet that monster stood at least 15 feet taller & 20 feet longer.
has 4 massive engines on the wings. Must really push the tolerances of the runway & taxi lanes.
Modern day "spruce goose" came to mind.
Read up on what happens to one of those 380's when and engine explodes. Book a Boeing for your next flight.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I don't think I want to be on ANY plane if an engine explodes!

OP
GTP1960

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Yeah, that's one of those things I'd rather be surprised by....
(I don't much care for flying anyway)

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I once flew a friend up to Bradley in Hartford to see the world's largest plane - the Antonov AN 225. You could put a 747 on each wing. White Elephant. They only made one and no orders came in. Took back medical supplies for the Chernobyl victims. making a stop in Russia, the supplies were stolen.

OP
GTP1960

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Stolen!
control tower personnel: "Ok comrades, turn your backs now if you know what's good for you"
Jeez, what a sad event.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
MOOOOOO even smells like it after a long flight. Not a fan of flying either.

attachment.php

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I see the A380s coming in to Dulles periodically. When you see the endless parade of smaller planes and one of these comes along, you can definitely see the size difference. Only thing comparable was seeing the occasional C-5 Galaxy coming into Andrews AFB.