• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Baptizing an Irishman

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Baptizing an Irishman

An Irishman is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds into the water, subsequently bumping into the preacher. The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon, he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?"

The drunk shouts, “Yes, I am." <

So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him back and asks, "Brother, have you found Jesus?"

The drunk replies, "No, I haven't found Jesus!"

The preacher, shocked at the answer, dunks him again but for a little longer. He again pulls him out of the water and asks, "Have you found Jesus, brother?"

The drunk answers, "No, I haven't found Jesus!"

By this time, the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk again -- but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds, and when the drunk begins kicking his arms and legs about, he pulls him up.

The preacher again asks him, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?"

(get ready for this)

The drunk staggers upright, wipes his eyes, coughs up a bit of water, catches his breath, and says to the preacher,

<

"Are you sure this is where he fell in?”

D

Deleted member 8987

Oh, now you've done it. Our Fearless Leader will now have to contend with upset drunk Godless Irishmen complaining on and on and on.

OP
weewillie

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Just wondered if Mickey or JP had any experience with this sort of thing ;)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Not directly.

Though a good friend from seminary, after he was ordained and in his own parish, once used a coffin for a baptismal font. Theologically sound, that, but not sure I'd have tried it...