• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Guernsey, CI

Simon Cottell

Freshman Member
IMG_2806.jpg
Hi All

Just a quick message to introduce myself from the nicest of the Channel Islands, the one where the cow with the best milk in the world comes from!

I've entered my mid-life crisis and bought a MKIII Spitfire as a restoration project. It's been twenty years since I tinkered with an old british sports car (1971 MGB Roadster), and I'm loving it!!!

Simon C

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Simon - welcome to BCF. I'm glad you enjoy Jersey milk! (just joking ...)

I started on the mid-life crisis back in 2003, when I got my MGB. Since then, I've enjoyed MGB, TR3, Mercedes 190, and a 1958 Rambler. Not sure if I"m going uphill or downhill! Maybe a 1960s Spitfire is next?

Looks like a great project you've got there. Post your questions and victories in the BCF Triumph forum area:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Simon! I have a later Spitfire - a 78 1500. Good luck with your rest - you should find all the help you'll need here!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome - and very cool living in Guernsay! (SWMBO is envious!)

OP
S

Simon Cottell

Freshman Member
Thanks for all the welcome messages and apologies for not replying sooner. Various reasons why, but needless to say I've been busy stripping the little Spitty down when I've had the chance, to see what needs repairing/replacing etc and I got so into it, she's now in a million pieces, with the tub hanging from the ceiling of the garage and parts taking up every available space in the garage! I'll be posting progress pics, and I expect an awful lot of questions soon.

cheers