• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any thoughts on what these are?

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Parked on the farm in Georgia.

I have better photos but at the moment I am unable to put my hands on them.

David

WP_20160508_001.jpgWP_20160508_002.jpg

Country flag
Pretty sure those are both Mercurys, 48-49? TOC will likely know for sure

D

Deleted member 8987

The second is a 1950 Merc...based upon park/turn lamp housing (basically all that's left)
The first is 46-48 body, Ford, top grille bar not Merc, hard to tel if DeLuxe or Super DeLuxe without closer shots.
Based upon no holes for park/turn below headlamps, probably a 1946.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the info.

I may be going up to the farm next weekend. If I do I will get better photos.

Father in Law was asked to clear some junk from an old lady's property after her husband died. He got a lot of Junk/car parts and about 8 old cars these being two. Not sure what happened to the others but some were rough. Several had trees growing through them.
Father in Law is in bad shape so I am not sure what will happen to these cars. They both look like they need a lot of loving care to bring them back.

David

D

Deleted member 8987

BTW, I had to look this up a bit as it was driving me crazy.
The hood ornament on the 46 looks like a 1949 Buick.
Typical for the stuff we did back then.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Went back to the farm yesterday and got these photos.
It would take a very dedicated and rich restorer to get these going again.

David

Ford Badge.jpgFord engine.jpgFord Hood ornament 2..jpgFord Hood ornament..jpgFord inside.jpgMercury front.jpgMercury hood.jpgMercury side view.jpgMercury.jpg

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The Ford is filled up with what appears to be old stock from a dealership. Boxes of light bulbs.

The cars were recovered from another farm about 20 years ago and just sat where they are now. They had to be cut out of the first resting place as trees had grown up around them.
As I remember the story the guy worked at a dealership and somehow acquired all these cars. One of them was filled up with lengths of chain with a hook attached. Was told that is how they were held secure on the transporters back then.
Talking to them at the farm it seems that I need to look further back in my photo files.

David