• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Right Hand Drive Conversion Help

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I bought this car in California and now have it stripped in a million pieces doing a full restoration and at the same time converting to Right Hand Drive.

My puzzle is that the LHD car had the clutch Master Cylinder bolted to the firewall alongside the Brake Master Cylinder.

All the pics I look at for RHD cars show the Clutch Cylinder mounted on top of the Firewall shelf with a Rubber boot over it.

What is the reason for this change in position?

Why cant it bolt to the firewall?

Any opinions or facts will be appreciated.

Attached is a pic of a RHD TR6. Ypu can just see the Clutch Master in the top right.

Attachments

• RHD TR6.jpg
    RHD TR6.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 100

vivdownunder

Jedi Warrior
With LHD cars the clutch master couldn't be mounted up on the horizontal firewall because the wiper motor sat there.

RHD cars with petrol injection had a long air manifold almost back to the firewall. That left no room to put the clutch master beside the brake master, so it had to sit on top.

malbaby

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi Simmo, "vivdownunder" is correct.
I have fitted a TR6 [with the boosted] brake and clutch system to my TR4 with the clutch m/c attached as per LHD configuration, but there is minimal clearance to the rear carb, so I chose to fit aftermarket foam type air cleaners.
With your TR6 there is a possibility that you may be able to modify the rear of the log air manifold, fit aftermarket air cleaners, and/or fit a remote clutch m/c fluid reservoir.
No doubt there will be others on this forum that have faced your dilemma.

Last edited:

Foura

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
You should find that the pedal box is made to suit both left and right hand drive. There is some difference in the pedals as I recall, but the pedal box had holes for both front and top clutch mountings. You could try Vanguard Spares in Melbourne if yours does not look like this.
Pedal Box.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
5 Wanted Wanted Parts to convert BN2 from left hand drive to right hand drive Austin Healey Classifieds 0
B For Sale Brand New Black Tonneau Cover for BN4 and BT7 - for Right Hand Drive Car Austin Healey Classifieds 0
C Left to right hand drive Austin Healey 2
5 Wanted Wanted Parts to convert BN2 from left hand drive to right hand drive Austin Healey Classifieds 1
Simmo TR6 Right Hand Drive conversion Triumph 5
B BN2 First right hand drive model car number 16 Austin Healey 4
B TR6 Right Hand Drive????? Triumph 8
Jer "banning" of right hand drive cars being discussed in this province... Spridgets 12
S Right Hand Drive Spridgets 7
M Right Hand Drive cable routing Spridgets 11
B TR2/3/3A TR3. Would you put it back to right hand drive? Triumph 11
PAUL161 MGB-GT Right Hand Drive Conversion--MG-GT MG 12
GBRandy TR2/3/3A TR2 Right hand Drive Dash Triumph 31
Gray_Cat MGC 68 Right Hand Drive MGC MG 9
5 100-4 Right hand drive parts Austin Healey 6
JimmyG Spitfire 1963 Right Hand Drive Spit Triumph 5
I right hand drive input Spridgets 9
J Wiper arm box - mk1 right hand drive sprite Spridgets 0
Sherlock Right-hand-drive popular again? Other Cars 37
S Wanted Source for 100 6 right hand remote control door regulator Austin Healey Classifieds 1
B Right hand side rear hub nut Austin Healey 3
J MGB Oil Pressure Gauge Gives Constant Reading -- Doesn't Seem Right MG 15
B MGB while driving engine cuts out if I let off or push more throttle it comes right back on MG 5
G Right-Side Shock Weeping Oil Austin Healey 1
C MGB Which Weber DGV is the right one. MG 14
P Jag XJ8 starts but then dies right away. Jaguar 4
Popeye General Tech O/D right angle drive choices Triumph 10
L Wanted right front turn signal 1975 TR6 Triumph Classifieds 2
BritBite Speedometer Right Angle Drive Austin Healey 5
drooartz General MG Surprisingly enough, I was right! MG 7
A SOLD!! TR3A Girling Type A brake caliper for right front Triumph Classifieds 0
C TR2/3/3A Right oil Triumph 8
71TR6 TR2/3/3A Right Front Suspension Damage Repair? Triumph 50
TRclassic3 TR2/3/3A Body leans to right side Triumph 10
red57 Steering not right Austin Healey 66
dougie Big Healey Six - Used the Right Way Austin Healey 5
John Turney The Panhard Rod is Supposed to be Straight, Right? Austin Healey 7
Bayless What are symptoms of steering rack not shimmed right? Spridgets 14
T For Sale GT6 Mark II Right Front Fender - NOS Triumph Classifieds 0
T Wanted 1960 Jaguar MK2 front door wood trim, both right and left. Jaguar Classifieds 0
T TR6 grinding right rear wheel Triumph 22
Rut TR4/4A Nice project for the right person Triumph 0
JPSmit Fuek Tank Sender - does this seem right to you? Spridgets 3
D BJ8 pulls right on hard braking? Austin Healey 4
Jim_Gruber 13" Tires - What's out there right now Spridgets 21
Popeye TR4/4A Seats - left/right Triumph 8
TomMull Post-War Other Herald 13/60: I didn't get the battery tray quite right Triumph 4
J BJ8 Vacuum Advance - disconnected -RIGHT - when setting total advance?? Austin Healey 6
T TR4/4A This head gasket doesn't look right to me - cooling passanges partially blocked? Triumph 18
Zimmycobra TR4/4A Who's right - float height on ZS 175CD? Triumph 5