• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

54 Years of Hot Rods and Motor Cycles

exfed12825

Freshman Member
My mother gave me the name Tony, I go by exfed, choosing that handle after retiring from the US Postal Service in 2007. I've been involved in hot rodding and motor cycles since I was 12 years old. I bought a 1960 MG 1100 Sedan in 1969 and I fell in love with the MGB's while spending hours at a local dealership buying parts. A couple of years ago, after a couple motor cycle accidents I decided to sell my stable of 4 Harley Davidsons and buy a great handling high powered sports car. Now when a person thinks about a high powered sports car most wouldn't even consider a MGB, but add a 347 ci stroked Ford engine pushing 525 hp, through a Tremec 600 5 speed, and a 8.8 Ford rear end with 373/1 posi traction rear end with traction control, you end up putting 375 hp on the ground, that's pretty high power in a 2000 lb roadster. The great handling is the product of a Fast Cars Inc. front suspension system and a 4 link with 2 opposing pan hard bars on the rear, this combination keeps this little hot rod firmly planted on the ground. I watched this car on the internet being brokered by Classic Car Studio in St Louis MO for a month before I flew out and drove it back to Erie PA. Thanks for letting me in the door, it is my hope that I'll be a good fit

This is a link to a write up By Curtis at British V8's on my little hot rod: https://www.britishv8.org/MG/TonyGentile.htm

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF exfed! (Is that the opposite of FEDEX?) With 375 HP at the wheels in an MGB you could take off from carriers without the catapult.

I owned two MGB-GT V8s - cars that came that way from the factory - that made probably about a quarter that much power at the wheels, and they seemed like rockets. Your B must have more power than you're ever dared to use! Be careful.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
TONY!

Good to see you here! We met here in Townsend last year.

Guys - Tony's car is quite fantastic. Some really neat features he's incorporated, no doubt due to his hot rod experiences.

You coming to W. Virginia in June for the V8 gathering?

Mickey

OP
exfed12825

exfed12825

Freshman Member
Mickey I made my reservation this morning My wife maybe coming with me so I may not be the drunken fool at night but if someone shows up with some Dickel or Moonshine you never know what is going to happen. One more thing, I take no credit for the build on this car I bought it the way it sits, I've done some work on it but the build is credited to a man named Greig Beishier

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Wives do have their calming influence, don't they? :friendly_wink:

Look forward to seeing you!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My mother gave me the name Tony, I go by exfed, choosing that handle after retiring from the US Postal Service in 2007. I've been involved in hot rodding and motor cycles since I was 12 years old. I bought a 1960 MG 1100 Sedan in 1969 and I fell in love with the MGB's while spending hours at a local dealership buying parts. A couple of years ago, after a couple motor cycle accidents I decided to sell my stable of 4 Harley Davidsons and buy a great handling high powered sports car. Now when a person thinks about a high powered sports car most wouldn't even consider a MGB, but add a 347 ci stroked Ford engine pushing 525 hp, through a Tremec 600 5 speed, and a 8.8 Ford rear end with 373/1 posi traction rear end with traction control, you end up putting 375 hp on the ground, that's pretty high power in a 2000 lb roadster. The great handling is the product of a Fast Cars Inc. front suspension system and a 4 link with 2 opposing pan hard bars on the rear, this combination keeps this little hot rod firmly planted on the ground. I watched this car on the internet being brokered by Classic Car Studio in St Louis MO for a month before I flew out and drove it back to Erie PA. Thanks for letting me in the door, it is my hope that I'll be a good fit

This is a link to a write up By Curtis at British V8's on my little hot rod: https://www.britishv8.org/MG/TonyGentile.htm

Welcome! AS long as you're not ex-CIA I guess we can let you in LOL! You've come to the right place for sure!

OP
exfed12825

exfed12825

Freshman Member
Basil You probably wouldn't even believe how many times I've heard that comment, Or how many Big Bad Biker Sites I've been banned from because I stood up against the cyber bullies. I'm really hoping for a peaceful existence here.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Welcome. This is the best car site. I know because I am on several and have left a few as well. Peaceful it is.