• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Spokane, Washington

Dabster

Freshman Member
Hello All,

Thrilled to have found a British car forum that is familiar with my kind of MG. I inherited a 1955 MG TF-1500 a few years ago. With a family and multiple deaths in my family, I have been a little busy. However I think I now have time and resources to start taking care of this beautiful car. Since my family purchased it in '73 it has been restored twice. It needs some TLC but I think it is in mostly great shape.

My first and most important question: What tires are people using on their antique cars? I do not need anything sexy or painstakingly historically accurate.

Thanks! Looking forward to learning how to get this thing going.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard! Be sure to say hello over in our MG forum also and by all means, post some pictures!

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Dabster! You've come to the right place (although this is the New Member Intro forum just for saying "hi," and you should post your tire question on the MG Forum). I have family in Spokane and like the city very much. We visit several times a year from here in Puddletown (Portland).

Good luck with the TF 1500 - you've got a great vintage British car there!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I was in Spokane last September.My Mom & Sister live in
Kalispell,so I'm sure that I'll be up your way again.
You have some great roads,North & East of you.

OP
D

Dabster

Freshman Member
Hello again.

It took a bit longer and required a lot more cash and the help of a really good friend but today my TF should be mobile. What he/we have done:
-Replaced tires
-Replaced all fuel lines
-Rebuilt both carbs
-Replaced all brake lines
-Replaced the brakes
-Thoroughly cleaned the fuel tank and replaced the sending unit
-Replaced the generator
-Replaced the battery
-Replaced the Tie rod ends and covers
-Replaced the radiator hoses
-And probably a lot more than I can think of now.

Very excited to get her out.