Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinto Engine In Bugeye

Discuss the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget. Two different but similar cars sometimes referred to collectively as the Spridget.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Pinto Engine In Bugeye

I never noticed your reply until I went back in to ask another question. I don't have a heater.

I'm going to go to make a new post but I'll ask you too in case you know; my brake lights won't come on when I hit them but the bulbs are fine. Do you know where the brake light switch is located? I have to check for a loose connection or I have to replace the switch I'm guessing. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Re: Pinto Engine In Bugeye

Quote Originally Posted by TCMapotherIV View Post
    I never noticed your reply until I went back in to ask another question. I don't have a heater.

I'm going to go to make a new post but I'll ask you too in case you know; my brake lights won't come on when I hit them but the bulbs are fine. Do you know where the brake light switch is located? I have to check for a loose connection or I have to replace the switch I'm guessing. Thanks.
    Brake light switch is under the hood attached to the bracket that holds the brake pedal pivot. You push the pedal with your foot and the part of the pedal on the otherside of the fulcrum touched and engages the brake pedal switch. Typically if the brake lights don't work it is a ground - often at the taillights themselves which may necessitate climbing into the truck.

good luck!
    John-Peter Smit
    1976 MG Midget
    1969 Vauxhall Viva GT
    1958 Fiat Multipla (Barn art)