• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sprint Windshield Instalation

chris57

Country flag
So far so good. Got the old posts off with very careful drilling and re- tapping the old screws. Got the new glass in. Got the posts remounted and now I'm stuck. The main gasket between windshield and body just seems to be too much. I don't think I can compress it that much. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Chris, you posted this in the "Forum Navigation Help" forum - that's a place where you can ask questions bout how to navigate around the forum. Since you post is about a specific car, I'm moving it to the Sprigets forum.

Basil

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Chris, before I start my response let me say that I won't pay for broken glass - even it is from my advice :grin:

seriously, when I did mine, I attached one side and used a ratchet strap to pull down the other side. I ran a 2X4 under the car (attached at the other end) and attached the strap to it. I also cut the shim washers (oval shaped with two holes) so that hey were slots and I could slide them in from the side. I was holding my breath but it worksed - and took a lot more pulling than I thought it would or should

OP
C

chris57

Country flag
John, I tried something very similar to what your are descriping. Came close but couldn't get it. I finally decided to heck with it. I trimmed the center bubble out of the gasket, laid down a bead of silicon and bolted up the windshield. Since I don't have a top and no heat, I'm thinking this is good enough for the occasional summer joy ride.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
John, I tried something very similar to what your are descriping. Came close but couldn't get it. I finally decided to heck with it. I trimmed the center bubble out of the gasket, laid down a bead of silicon and bolted up the windshield. Since I don't have a top and no heat, I'm thinking this is good enough for the occasional summer joy ride.

Perfect! will you be bringing it to Bronte?

https://www.torontotriumph.com/BCD/

Largest single day show in North America! Of course if you do I will have to put up a big sign that says "this guy cheated on his windshield installation!" :devilgrin: seriously it is an awesome show!

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
If you buy your gasket from McGregors in CN it will fit without breaking a sweat.