• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Eureka's Going to Pot!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Since they made pot legal in CA,things have changed.
Our city (Eureka,CA) has made it legal to grow/harvest/process
in certain areas,mainly West 4th Street,which is also HWY 101.
What really ticks me off,is these properties are going for
big buck$,& the owners are selling.
The bad news is,that at least 4 businesses have been given
90 days to move.One of them,Knapek's Auto Electric,was a British-
Leyland dealer (Zenker Felt Motors),& the owner has a Sunbeam Tiger.
I'm going back to the '70's.....

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Are those businesses moving or going out of business?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interesting here because we are in legal limbo here in Canadia - around us we have had a number of pot shops open - or almost open - and close as fast. Not yet legal but not exactly illegal either. What is interesting is that the shops here are being robbed at a furious rate - and the owners can't or won't call the police.

Can't say I am thrilled by their presence.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
At least one,a car repair shop,at the back of the
auto electric place,will be gone.Seems that the just found out
about the 90 days eviction notice.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I see, the shop doesn't own the property, they're just leasing or renting the space. That is a bummer.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Boy could I ramble on about this ...

In sum: having more intoxicants available for sale in more neighborhoods sure doesn't seem a good idea to me. Advocates say "now it's controlled and taxable and more people can make a profit!". Remember Orwell's Soma? And we still have no idea about long-term effects on adults, children, or infants.

And for those who say "but it's already available if you know where to look" - well, that's sad.

Prescription use for medication, from a licensed pharmacy (not just a "Dr Pot Happy Valleys medical marijuana dispensary")? No problem. But getting it from the guy who grows it in his basement - jeez, you don't even know what you're getting, and it spreads like wildfire.

yeesh
OK - back to my cave.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Speaking of growing crops in general and nothing to do with POT specifically, but went to school on agriculture chemicals for the growing and defoliating of green leaf crops. Unless the growing of any crop is monitored, there is no way of knowing what chemical/chemicals has been used in the growing process. A lot of these chemicals imbed themselves in the finished product and can be extremely harmful in some instances. Those who use this stuff (and I don't approve), should be very careful where it comes from and how it was grown! Just sayin. PJ

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Speaking of growing crops in general and nothing to do with POT specifically, but went to school on agriculture chemicals for the growing and defoliating of green leaf crops. Unless the growing of any crop is monitored, there is no way of knowing what chemical/chemicals has been used in the growing process. A lot of these chemicals imbed themselves in the finished product and can be extremely harmful in some instances. Those who use this stuff (and I don't approve), should be very careful where it comes from and how it was grown! Just sayin. PJ

That's right........we gotta be smart about producing a drug to make us (more) stupid.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I have to agree there are many medical benefits to to it's use, if controlled by the proper authority. It has proven to control some seizures in children, how it's administered, I have no idea. We had a child that had seizures when he was around 4 years old, by the grace of God he grew out of it. It's a heart breaking experience watching a child going through this period in life, some never grow out of it and need medication into adulthood. Forget the dopers getting their hands on it, they'd drink motor oil if they thought they could get high on it, regardless of the after affects! :rolleyes: Sorry, but I have no feeling for people who choose the path of self destruction, it's the ones they hurt I feel sorry for.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I know a guy that drinks brake fluid; his friends tried getting him help but he says he can stop anytime.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
sailed with a guy once who was looking for booze the morning after, couldn't find any so drank a bottle of Brut.