• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How was your day?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mid 50's and sun shining - in Toronto - in February! amazing. had a snooze after church and then got to do just a bunch of little jobs - replaced the front door hinges (without needing to remove the door!) repaired a couple of drywall spots - hung some shelves and hooks in darling daughter's apartment (which is attached to the house!) - there is something really satisfying about just being able to knock a bunch of small things off the list - and now a beer and some leftover pizza and life is good!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Played a brunch gig at a local distillery (yes, they do make booze here in Utah). Nice room to play in, good folks, good pay, and great food. A good day indeed.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
It was beautiful down here in SC.
Took our Grandson to the Zoo & for a putput drive down our lane in the 3.

...now I'm going to bed, to be ready for tomorrow's one year old's adventures!
Luke Tr3.jpg
(getting him hooked early)

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It was a good day. Mid 60's here and we're headed to Florida Thursday, a break from winter that isn't. Took advantage and waxed the VW. Finally, after the front end shop announced it perfect my new VW mechanic found a ball joint that was toast and making the horrible noise. It's ready and I'm about ready but hope it rains tomorrow, still need to finish taxes other paperwork before we go.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mid 60's here. Took my 1959 Lambretta scooter out to the local coffee shop. Sat outside and had to keep reminding myself that it was mid February.
Best part of my day was picking up my son and twin grandkids at the airport; they flew in from Boston. Had a lovely afternoon with the grandkids at the new community playground. We all had fun.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Looks like the next generation of TR Drivers is getting ready to take the wheel. Well in about 16 years.

A beautiful day here in Georgia sunny and warm.

David

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
airlinetraillymanviaduct.jpg

Train crossing the Lyman viaduct circa 1880s

that's an interesting trail, Tom.
So, if I understand the write up correctly, in the 1890's after the viaducts were out dated, they did a massive fill over two large creeks, all the way up to grade & completely buried the long & high trestles?

i guess this falls under the "Yankee ingenuity." Heading.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Well, the fill in was in 1913, so I was too young too remember. :jester:

But the viaduct area is an open and undeveloped now, with no evidence of lake or marsh, etc.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
1. Drove wife up to Tampa for radiation. Only 6 more to go. 82 miles one way over the Sunshine Bridge.
2. Was losing $30 in my weekly poker game but fought my way back gallantly (and luckily) to end up winning $7.00.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The Marx Brothers are one of my favorites. They lived in the town I grew up in on Long Island for a period of time.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Elliot - remember that line in Cocoanuts, where he's trying to sell "beach front property" in Florida?

"You can have any house you want built on it: wood, brick or stucco. Boy can you get stucco."

(Groucho lost a *lot* of money when the markets - financial and real estate - crashed in 1929.)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tom- I can watch a Marx Brothers film over and over and still catch a line I missed from previous viewings.
A Night at the Opera, The Big Store and A Day at the Races are some of my favorites.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK Elliot - in At The Circus (1939), where does Lydia keep her social security number?

:devilgrin:

Can't quite remember... but I think it was tattooed on her hips.