• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Little Town

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Several days ago, a work van was stolen in Albuquerque by two people (male and female). In the chase that ensued, they crashed the van into a car near my son's home, killing a teen girl instantly and injuring a mother and little boy (The Mother died yesterday). They caught the female a short time later, but the male (driver) remained on the loose.

Just got a notice on my iPhone that they have captured the male perp - right here in m y little town of Edgewood (we're 30 miles east of Albuquerque). Yikes!

https://krqe.com/2017/02/02/suspect-in-fatal-stolen-car-crash-arrested/

A concerned citizen spotted him at the McDonald's that is just up the street from my house.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
:scared: I'd be concerned to.

Was just a couple months back a guy had his Corvette stolen at gunpoint from the local Smith's. We've also had a few break-ins in our immediate neighborhood (including a stolen truck).

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
We have shots fired reported a couple time a week here in Cedar Rapids. It appears to be between rival gang overflow from Chicago.

A couple years ago I had a very wired guy at my back door telling me that he was supposed to come in and then became very angry when I told him no. Lucky I hadn't unlocked the door, he ran before 911 got here. Same thing the year before, different guy, this one was too blasted to pick his own nose. Cops gave him a ride home. I must have some sort of mark on the fence like the hobo code.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A few years ago someone opened my car door in the wee hours of the night (car was in my driveway). I had a silent alarm that set off an alarm in my bedroom. I went out the basement and came around the house and chased the guy through my neighbor Jim's yard. I halted the foot chase since I knew my neighbor had a gun and running through his backyard at night could be dangerous. The perp got away but nothing taken from my car.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We have shots fired reported a couple time a week here in Cedar Rapids. It appears to be between rival gang overflow from Chicago.

A couple years ago I had a very wired guy at my back door telling me that he was supposed to come in and then became very angry when I told him no. Lucky I hadn't unlocked the door, he ran before 911 got here. Same thing the year before, different guy, this one was too blasted to pick his own nose. Cops gave him a ride home. I must have some sort of mark on the fence like the hobo code.

I've had similar happen twice since living here (1995). Once a group of gang bangers came to front door (at 11PM) demanding to use my phone. When I told them no, they argued with me and finally left while cursing and throwing gang signs at me. The entire time, I had my hand behind my back on my friend Walther. Had another incident where some guy, who appeared high as a kite on something, came to my kitchen window asking me if he could come in and call someone. I turned him away in similar fashion.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Several days ago, a work van was stolen in Albuquerque by two people (male and female). In the chase that ensued, they crashed the van into a car near my son's home, killing a teen girl instantly and injuring a mother and little boy (The Mother died yesterday). They caught the female a short time later, but the male (driver) remained on the loose.

Just got a notice on my iPhone that they have captured the male perp - right here in m y little town of Edgewood (we're 30 miles east of Albuquerque). Yikes!

https://krqe.com/2017/02/02/suspect-in-fatal-stolen-car-crash-arrested/

A concerned citizen spotted him at the McDonald's that is just up the street from my house.

all that heart ache, sorrow & pain over a lousy stolen van?

Another Bonnie & Clyde wanna be.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Basil said:
I had my hand behind my back on my friend Walther.

Yup.

Walther is a close and personal friend here, too. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 8987

My friend Samuel keeps me company.
True 1911 (not an A-1), over 100 years old now.
Glasers are top round in each mag.
Take no prisoners, give no warnings.

Country flag
Jeff Dunham called.....he wants his Walther back..... :D

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My friend Samuel keeps me company.
True 1911 (not an A-1), over 100 years old now.
Glasers are top round in each mag.
Take no prisoners, give no warnings.

I'm jealous.

Pete said:
Jeff Dunham called.....he wants his Walther back..... :D

...from my cold dead hand! :smirk: