• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Florida grapefruit!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Has anyone found white grapefruit for sale anywhere?

Good grief - the world is coming to an end. None of the New England markets have been able to get anything but pink or red grapefruit for years!

Oh the humanity!

And if there's a BCF member in Florida who knows where to find some ... I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some white grapefruit today. (or tomorrow, or ...)

View attachment 46598

J. Wellington Wimpy, currently suffering white grapefruit withdrawal.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Last year on vacation in Florida I noticed that all the Oranges, Grapefruit and Tomatoes came from California or South Africa. I thought Florida grew all of those. Maybe they sell them in California.

David

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Here's a cheery thought.

Back around 1950, Iowa grew about 90% of its own food on family farms.

In 2010, Iowa's farms (mostly corporate) now grow mostly soy and corn - so Iowa has to bring 90% of its food in from other states.

oy

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I don't know why but when I saw the subject I thought it was a thread about Doc :cool-new:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Here's a cheery thought.

Back around 1950, Iowa grew about 90% of its own food on family farms.

In 2010, Iowa's farms (mostly corporate) now grow mostly soy and corn - so Iowa has to bring 90% of its food in from other states.

oy

More money in Ethanol than feeding the nation! :rolleyes2:

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
But ruby red grapefruit tastes so much better!!

You like the white grapefruit better? (I say that with all due respect - just I'm surprised!) Growing up, the white was less expensive than the red, so that's what we had - and poured plenty of sugar on top. Now that we are older and "wealthy" (ha, ha), red is all you can get, and I like that just fine :smile:!

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
And this, ladies and gentlemen - is a *great* tasting grapefruit.

View attachment 46617

There are many uses for white grapefruit ...

View attachment 46618
Trivia time! Who's holding the grapefruit - and who's getting it in her face?

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
John - thanks for the link.

I like their motto: "With Indian River Grapefruit, you can halve your fruit and eat it, too."

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That would be Mae Clarke and James Cagney.
Do I win a grapefruit?

We have a winnah!

You have just won six tons of fresh cow manure, delivered directly to your front yard!

(Or, if you pay us a tidy sum ... we won't.)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There's enough "cow manure " on the net... feel free to donate it to deserving person :rolleye:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
There's enough "cow manure " on the net... feel free to donate it to deserving person :rolleye:

yep - we forked it up from numerous social media and web news sites.

106383.jpg

Ah yes - the internet makes it possible to share millions of tons of garbage, with millions of unthinking people.

grumble grumble

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I really love both. But one of the stinking drugs I have to take warns "No Grapefruit.":sorrow::grumpy::censored:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I really love both. But one of the stinking drugs I have to take warns "No Grapefruit.":sorrow::grumpy::censored:

Had a breakfast meeting at church a few years ago - half the seniors couldn't drink the grapefruit juice for exactly that reason - makes the drug absorb much more efficiently potentially leading to an inadvertent overdose.