• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Delinquent member with photos...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I've been away for awhile again, just been keeping busy with other things... Anyway dropping in to say "Hi!" again, also to throw out my newest slideshow of photos, and a promise to try to check in more often... And I just came back from the store, purchased myself a brand new Fuji XT-10 camera body, to replace and/or compliment my XE-1, I'm a Fuji convert!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Congrats on the new Camera! Always enjoy your pictures! And - don't stay away so long!

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
James,

Thanks for sharing your work. I not only enjoy it for its artistic value but it also gives me a window into an area where I've never been. Calgary certainly seems like an eclectic, intriguing (and chilly) place.

I think everywhere there is something eclectic and unique, you just have to look hard enough... Calgary actually has a reputation as a very "corporate" kind of place, there are just a few crazies on the edge, but then ever city can be like that... And we do get winter just like you do, perhaps I'm one of the few to venture out into weather with a camera... You want cold?
The polar dip will happen again this year on New Year's Day, temperature likely about -12 Celcius...

24033397451_2bf67d6cf3.jpg

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats on the new Camera! Always enjoy your pictures! And - don't stay away so long!

The worst part of figuring out a new camera is trying to put the strap on... :cool: And I'll try harder, what's that about a New Year's resolution? :rolleye:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The worst part of figuring out a new camera is trying to put the strap on... :cool: And I'll try harder, what's that about a New Year's resolution? :rolleye:

Your NY resolution should be to get yourself a British car! LOL

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
What Bas said. I still have a box of broken tools set aside for you.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Should work to fix that heap right up. What is it?

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Great pics.
always appreciate your street scenes, & "caught in the act of daily life"

folks from Calgary appear to be immune to the cold.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice work, James. Always enjoy seeing your images. I've said it before: you've a good eye and timing. :thumbsup:

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Great pics.
always appreciate your street scenes, & "caught in the act of daily life"

folks from Calgary appear to be immune to the cold.

We get used to it, I know I would have trouble with the heat of the American south...

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Nice work, James. Always enjoy seeing your images. I've said it before: you've a good eye and timing. :thumbsup:

I just think in an entirely different way... :topsy_turvy: And few people are paying attention... Since we're on the topic, another winter photo for you, I know you "love" winter... :friendly_wink:

31194055864_99b5a3c2a7.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
As I sit here with the garage door up, a cool 71Β°F ambient, that shot made me shiver!

...may need to find a heavier pair of socks now.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
image.jpeg
Welcome to Florida......we have what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
I think that is their shadow......
(if they jumped straight up in the air at 12 noon eastern time)