• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

64 Grantura or 74 2500

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I've been wanting to start a new restoration on something and was thinking about TVR'S I found two cars locally that may be for sale buy the same owner. One is a 64 Grantura with a MG engine, and the other is a 74 2500. The 2500 looks like a car that could be enjoyed with a couple weekends worth of work. The Grantura is in worse shape but looks complete. Both cars are original AZ cars so I'm hoping for minimal frame rust. Prices for the Grantura's seem the be all over the board with some close to $40000.00. As for condition of the cars I would say the Grantura is a 4 and the 2500 a 3. I've looked at Bring a Trailer for pricing but was hoping someone here could advise, and what should I look for in problem areas. At this time I don't have pictures.

Regards
Keith

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Depending on your restoration skills, you should probably have a go at the M. Main reason is that the chassis is not bonded to the body and parts are more plentiful.
Feel free to send a PM if you like.

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
PM sent

Thank you

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I restored a Grantura Mk 3 and cut the body off the frame, replacing it with fabricated mounts so it was a bolt on. Lot of work.

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Here's the engine I ran for awhile in my Grantura race car

tvrtc.jpg

racejpg.jpg

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
billsphon thank you for the reply your car looks great. I'm sorry about my late thank you. I stopped looking for replies after 6 weeks. Nice collection of cars you have. I'm still on the hunt for a car to restore. I just saw that a Italia came up for sale but when I contacted the seller the car was already pending.

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Well I used to have a Swallow Doretti.......

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I wish you still had it, would love to restore one of those.

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
billsphon thank you for the reply your car looks great. I'm sorry about my late thank you. I stopped looking for replies after 6 weeks. Nice collection of cars you have. I'm still on the hunt for a car to restore. I just saw that a Italia came up for sale but when I contacted the seller the car was already pending.

Were you looking at Italia #234 in Georgia? If not, could you share which car?