• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from Atlanta

Alfred E. Neuman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi all,
new to the forum but far from new to British cars. I've previously been a Triumph guy, growing up in my dad's GT6. I started right after high school with a TR6, then "graduated" to a TR2 and TR3A. Sold the 3A when we moved several years ago and have been LBC-less since. I'm a Mercedes mechanic by trade.

It's time to remedy that problem. So I'm starting to look around for the right car. Plan on weekend trips and occasional longer tours. Would prefer a TR2-TR3A, but I'm thinking a coupe would suit us better. So I'm thinking early MGB GT with overdrive would suit that role nicely.

Plan on getting involved in the forum and local clubs to get back into the scene. Looking forward to talking LBC's with everyone.

Cheers,
Alfred

Sports&Classics

Freshman Member
Hi Alfred and welcome to the forum! The folks here are great and always willing to provide information or an opinion. Enjoy your browsing!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF! Everyone here is eager to help so no need to say "What, me worry?"

ishouldknowbette

Freshman Member
Welcome neighbor ( Loganville GA here) ,

Former GT6 owner here too.. had two of them along with a smattering of other LBC's. After a few decades away and a pile of Miatas I'm getting back to it as well as I have been "gifted" with a pile of parts resembling a 65 Sprite.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Alfred! I hope you don't go MAD in your search, but there is enough of a British car community in the Atlanta area that you should find lots of local opportunities to meet owners and start networking for your search. An MGB-GT with overdrive is a good choice, but not all that common. However, through the clubs you may find a few owners of such cars and if you ask them if they'd like to sell, it's actually quite likely that you'll find someone who is; at least that's been my experience.

Good luck and again, welcome!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
No need to worry Mr Neuman! You've found the friendliest forum on the internet.

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

OP
Alfred E. Neuman

Alfred E. Neuman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I have my avatar! Thanks Basil.

I appreciate the warm welcome. I'll try to contribute as much as I can.

Reid - As long as I can find a good B-GT, I wouldn't mind putting an OD transmission in it myself. IME, the OD makes these cars way more useful in modern traffic, especially on longer trips. My TR3 would purr along at 2500-3k rpm in OD 4th all day. I think a solid axle TR4 would make a good touring car. *Fairly* weather tight, but can still open the top when the weather's nice.

Ishouldknowbetter - I still like the looks of the early GT6's. Just too many rear diff issues with my dad's car. At the time when his broke (he bought it new in 71), the only spare he could get was from a Spit.