• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I should know better

ishouldknowbette

Freshman Member
So ,

I recently did some repair work to get a friends 62 MGB back on the road after a 10 year rest. In exchange I was gifted a 1965 AH Sprite nicknamed the "HMS Red October" as it was partially flooded (fresh water ) due to Hurricane Matthew in October of this year.

This is the 6th British car I have owned, 1970 & 1969 GT6's,1969 Sprite, 1976 MGB and a 77 Spitfire so it's certainly not my first go round.

Car came with a "boatload" of parts that I have just started "wading" through and appears to be a solid platform for a "Sunday driver" type restoration. It also came with a hard top that doesnt go with this car, I believe it fits a MK1 & MK2 Sprite, if anyone can offer some knowledge on what it is and what it might be worth I'd appreciate it.( pictured below )

Looking forward to "diving"in ! hardtop1.jpg65sprite3.jpg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF! I'm guessing that you're a Navy veteran ... in any case, congrats on your gift and good on ya for deciding to bring it back to driving status. The "square-bodied" Sprites are a great value and, if you can fit in them, offer a huge fun-for-the-money ratio.

By the way, there is a major Austin-Healey Club meeting scheduled for October 12-17 next year at Guntersville, Alabama. It would be a good chance to meet more owners. I'm going to try to make it myself, all the way from here in Portland, Oregon. That said, I store a Sprite in Louisville and would fly there and then drive it down from Louisville.

Good luck with your project. Don't forget to check in on the Spridgets Forum here, and post some pics from time to time so we can share the joy as you bring the car back to its former (and future) glory!

OP
I

ishouldknowbette

Freshman Member
Thanks for the welcome Reid,

The goal was to have the car on the road by next Christmas but October is possible. Failing that maybe I'll put an AH badge on one of my Miatas and see if I can fool anyone :smile:

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF. I hope we will be seeing update photos of the revival of the HMS Red October. Be sure to drop in the Pub when you are done tinkering some day and partake of some of deep philosophical thought that permeates all the posts there.

Enjoy the Ride!