• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gatlinburg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Anyone near or around the fires near Gatlinburg TN? Been hearing about it on Fox.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mickey & Friends are in that area.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Power came back on just a bit ago. We had some extremely high winds; took out several trees, two of which targeted the garage. One clipped the front left corner and the other poked a couple holes in the roof at the rear.

No fires here, thankfully, but Gatlinburg got a huge hit.

Gonna be busy with cleanup for a while...

wind-3.jpg

wind-1.jpg

wind-2.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's very sobering to see property after a wildfire,
where people have lost everything.
And sometimes it makes people realize that they're
still alive,& it's stuff.Most stuff can be replaced.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It's very sobering to see property after a wildfire,
where people have lost everything.
And sometimes it makes people realize that they're
still alive,& it's stuff.Most stuff can be replaced.

It's why I have a fireproof safe and also a fireproof hard drive I use for backup of all my important stuff.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
So sad for this area. Fires are bad enough but the winds just turned it into an inferno. Hope any forum folk are okay.

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
Glad the rains came. Smoke got so thick here 4 or five different days that visibility was down to 1/2 mile. Cars were covered with an ash film. At night, you could see the ash if you went out with a flashlight. Rumor is that they caught someone about 2/4 of a mile about us on the Blue Ridge Parkway trying to start a fire @ the Saunook Overlook. Scary stuff. Thankful for the rain. Been terribly dry here. Second cut of hayfields were very pore. Glad I found some nearby.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Glad the rains came. Smoke got so thick here 4 or five different days that visibility was down to 1/2 mile. Cars were covered with an ash film. At night, you could see the ash if you went out with a flashlight. Rumor is that they caught someone about 2/4 of a mile about us on the Blue Ridge Parkway trying to start a fire @ the Saunook Overlook. Scary stuff. Thankful for the rain. Been terribly dry here. Second cut of hayfields were very pore. Glad I found some nearby.

I was concerned the Party Rock fire was going to migrate north for a while. Relieved it was brought under control. Hoped Asheville wouldn't become a prophetic name!