• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Auxillary dash switch pictures?

karls59tr

Obi Wan
Bronze
Country flag
Does anyone have pictures of auxillary switches that they added to their dashboard that look similar to the originals or that look period correct. Who sells them?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Or you could sand down an original knob and paint it black. I didn't bother, so my radiator fan override switch says "panel" on the knob (but the white paint has fallen off so the word is almost invisible).

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Use the vent pull knob on an original or repro switch. No marking on the vent knob.
True, but it's huge! I wouldn't want that great big thing sticking out of my dash.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I used the Lucas PS7 as shown by Geo. I'm pretty sure that I got it from ebay. Even though I have a thermo switch for the fan, I use that as an override if need be. I used the bezel from an old TR switch.

DSC_1428s.jpg

PeterK

Yoda
I bought a vintage old Jag A/C switch panel for a few $ from ebay and refinished it to use as my seat heater control and cooling fan override. Wrinkle finish is new.
dscn0602.jpg

Tropical TR

Jedi Hopeful
I got a Lucas push-pull switch for a reversing lamp, to be mounted on a period BMC single switch bracket. The bracket is similar to the dual version shown in the second photo, which is a Lucas/BMC configuration for auxiliary lighting.

pull switch.jpg BMC fog, lr.jpg

6TTR3A

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
There are 2 pre-drilled holes on your dash- one for overdrive and 1 for a heater. If you don't have one or the other
of those accessorizes, you can use those holes in lieu of an extra bracket. The Lucas push-pull switch, similar to
your wiper switch, is quite often on eBay.
Moss, TRF and NOS Locaters sell an aftermarket version which is quite similar to the Lucas ones, but the bezel is incorrect. It's
chrome but has a period look if you're not fussy. As Randall says, sand down an extra knob that you might have, but better yet,
fill in the letters w/JB Weld, body putty or whatever you have. Then sand it & paint it.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
There are 2 pre-drilled holes on your dash- one for overdrive and 1 for a heater.
Note that the factory would have left the unused holes covered by vinyl. The DPO of my current TR3 (or his mechanic) evidently didn't know that, and drilled a new hole right between the two others. Not really a problem, until I added overdrive ...

Tropical TR

Jedi Hopeful
There are 2 pre-drilled holes on your dash- one for overdrive and 1 for a heater. If you don't have one or the other
of those accessorizes, you can use those holes in lieu of an extra bracket. The Lucas push-pull switch, similar to
your wiper switch, is quite often on eBay.
Moss, TRF and NOS Locaters sell an aftermarket version which is quite similar to the Lucas ones, but the bezel is incorrect. It's
chrome but has a period look if you're not fussy. As Randall says, sand down an extra knob that you might have, but better yet,
fill in the letters w/JB Weld, body putty or whatever you have. Then sand it & paint it.

Yes, similar to what I had before adding overdrive. The washer pump was located in the OD switch hole. But having a heater and moving the pump to that location between the glove box and instruments (for some reason there was too large a hole lurking behind the vinyl there...maybe there was a lighter), don't want any extra holes in the dash.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Note that the factory would have left the unused holes covered by vinyl. The DPO of my current TR3 (or his mechanic) evidently didn't know that, and drilled a new hole right between the two others. Not really a problem, until I added overdrive ...
Thanks, Randall. You just saved me from doing the same thing. My add-on overdrive switch is under the dash and I've just ordered the correct replacement and planned to move it to the correct position.
Tom
Tom