• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Almost time to get out the dryer sheets

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yep winter is going to be hear sooner than we like as usual .
Time to think about winter proofing the El Camino and the Bugeye,yea I know I have eclectic taste.
not going to forget the cowl vent and the "Astro ventilation " in the door jams this year. Have some gas stabilizer going to the station that sells no corn gas and fill up etc.
do a good job everybody no wire repairs this spring !
Go to Wally World and buy the store brand of dryer sheets and make it rain!
Need to replace the bypass hose in the bugeye so it won't be winterized till I get back from
Headingly Canada next week .

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yep winter is going to be hear sooner than we like as usual .
Time to think about winter proofing the El Camino and the Bugeye,yea I know I have eclectic taste.
not going to forget the cowl vent and the "Astro ventilation " in the door jams this year. Have some gas stabilizer going to the station that sells no corn gas and fill up etc.
do a good job everybody no wire repairs this spring !
Go to Wally World and buy the store brand of dryer sheets and make it rain!
Need to replace the bypass hose in the bugeye so it won't be winterized till I get back from
Headingly Canada next week .

Can I assume the dryer sheets are to ward off mice? I've used that method before with mixed results. When my Santa Fe suffered some wire damage from mice they had to get into some very hard to access areas to fix the problem. I had the dealer put in a bunch of dryer sheets before they closed it up. So far so good.

OP
SD Bugeye

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've been doing it for years in the shop camper cars seems to work for me.
big thing is make hard and unpleasant to even get in the shop.
nothing in shop that they would consider eating nothing.
no grass seed no tuplip bulbs no garbage . Seal her up tight also found that if you keep it cold at least the first month of freeze they find some where else to go.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I've been doing it for years in the shop camper cars seems to work for me.
big thing is make hard and unpleasant to even get in the shop.
nothing in shop that they would consider eating nothing.
no grass seed no tuplip bulbs no garbage . Seal her up tight also found that if you keep it cold at least the first month of freeze they find some where else to go.

The problem I find is not so much stuff that would eat as it is stuff they would make nesting material from. I had a nice pair of hiking boots that I kept out in the garage - in the box. One day I went to get them and put them on, and when I took them out of the box I discovered a mouse nest in one of the shoes. The mice had chewed threw the box and made their home in one of my shoes. I turned it over to shake out the stuff and a live mouse fell out and scampered across the floor! LOL

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Put stuff like that in plastic bins?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My birdseed as well in a plastic pail with a lid. They tried to gnaw through the lid. I put out a couple of traps. One disappeared - I guess dragged off by a mouse; the other caught 2 mice and ended the problem. Now, colder weather has just moved in and the mice will not be far behind.

So... it doesn't really get cold here but a couple of months. Does the dryer sheet thing work in mild weather?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So... it doesn't really get cold here but a couple of months. Does the dryer sheet thing work in mild weather?

probably better - smells don't work as well in the cold

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
2 words: moth balls.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
I was at Tractor Supply Co. the other day. As I wandered past the electric fencing isle it gave me a few ideas for keeping vermin away from the car...