• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What's for dinner?

Tonight we're having Biscuit Pizza. Yummy beefy cheesy goodness.

What are you having?

PhotoGrid_1477009465518.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
tacos here - and then beer with some guys from church -lovely and easy

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
My wife had her "ladies book club" meeting last night.
so us husbands were off the leash & met down at the favorite bar for wings, local IPA & football.
(a regular monthly cultural event)

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
The biscuit pizza looks good! How do you make it?

I've recently splurged on a sous-vide cooking contraption. Essentially the concept is to slowly cook by circulating water around vacuum-packed food. The theory is food is only cooked to it's "perfect" temperature, not hot on the inside and cold in the center. By sealing the food, it does not dry out.

I've only tried a few things so far; my favorite is fantastically tender pork chops. Fish is really good as well, as is steak. I tried eggs, and the yolks were perfect but the whites still runny. My brother-in-law made a melt-in-your-mouth beef brisket, which required cooking underwater for 72 hours followed by 3 hours on a grill. (It was this meal that inspired me to copy him!)

The savings side of it, I also bought a vacuum sealing machine, and now we buy meat in bulk from Sams Club. I cut the meat into meal-sized portions, vacuum pack and freeze. When its time to cook, the frozen vacuum pack is placed in the bucket of hot water, two hours later the meat gets a quick sear and dinner is done!

https://sansaire.com/sous-vide-machine/ (no affiliation, the main competitor is Anova, https://anovaculinary.com/. A great web site is https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/06/anova-partnership-announcement.html.)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tonight we are having chipotle chicken and creamy macaroni and cheese while we watch The Wolfman, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man outside projected onto my shed.

OP
kennypinkerton
Biscuit Pizza recipe:

Press canned Biscuit dough into a lasagna tray to make the crust.
Cook about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time listed on the can.
Brown 1-2lbs of ground beef and drain.
Add just enough ketchup to lightly coat the meat.
Pour mixture into crust.
Top with sliced American cheese.
Heat at 350 until cheese starts to bubble and brown.
Keep an eye on it. Just takes a few minutes.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Cast iron skillet cooked pheasant milk gravy over mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts .
yummm yum

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Last night we made muffalettas. We'd ordered the bread from New Orleans and it arrived yesterday. Would've taken a picture, but we ate them before I could get the camera out! :thumbsup:

If you don't know what a muffaletta is:

https://emerils.com/121389/muffaletta

muffaletta-sandwich6.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks good Mickey, I know what I'm making next weekend.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Those of a certain age (me!) will remember this line:

Tuna fish salad on white bread with mayonnaise, a Tab, and a couple of Twinkies.
[h=1][/h]

OP
kennypinkerton
Stay away from the cans. Great lines.

catfood

Jedi Knight
Frog in the bog (toad in the hole). Haven't had that in ages. So thats Sunday dinner sorted!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sunday dinner: Charcoal grilled chicken haunches, smashed spuds and steamed Julienned brussel sprouts.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sunday dinner

Took my mother out last night - she had quadruple bypass a month ago and got back to her condo on Wednesday - had Lebanese - a sharing platter - I really like Lebanese!

OP
kennypinkerton
Grilled steaks and baked potatoes with Caramel brownies for dessert.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Saturday was Farfalle Alfredo w/ spinach and chicken

P1150112s.JPG