• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Farorite American Cars, What's Yours?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Probably the c5 Corvette I may be biased)

Cy_Corvette.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not a muscle car by any means but a car ahead of its time in styling.
The American made Studebaker Avanti.
image.jpgimage.jpeg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was actually going to suggest that as one of my favorites also! Way ahead of its time!
About a year ago I was with some friends and we saw a Avanti parked. I asked my friends what country it was made in. All of them guessed countries overseas. They couldn't believe when I told them it was a Studebaker.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Duesenberg, hands down. I also really like the Avanti, those are neat cars. Growing up with a GM master mechanic as a dad I do have a soft spot for Cadillacs and Buicks though. Hence this being parked in my driveway.

IMG_20140907_184445972.jpg

40 Willys, 67-70 mopars, 69 AMX, 58 Fury, 53 Corvette, Gassers, etc. Etc.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
'65 / '66 Corvair. Don't laugh, at least not out loud.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
When I got my copy of Motor Trend's new cars for '63, I was taken by what I thought were the three most beautiful cars I had ever seen. They were the Studebaker Avanti, the Buick Riviera, and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. As a 13 year old motorhead, I swore I'd have all three (if I could). Thirty years ago I got one of them. Here's my '64 Stingray...had it out for a thirty smile a mile drive yesterday.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
When I got my copy of Motor Trend's new cars for '63, I was taken by what I thought were the three most beautiful cars I had ever seen. They were the Studebaker Avanti, the Buick Riviera, and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. As a 13 year old motorhead, I swore I'd have all three (if I could). Thirty years ago I got one of them. Here's my '64 Stingray...had it out for a thirty smile a mile drive yesterday.

That is beautiful!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
As another 13-year-old in '63, I must say you have excellent taste! Especially the Avanti. I remember first seeing one in Corpus Christi that year, at an abandoned air strip that was used for sports car racing. Most exotic thing on wheels I'd seen, and it garnered quite a bit of interest there.

If memory serves, it looked just like this one:

avanti1963L.jp.jpg

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
So much good stuff to pick from...

Corvair (both first and second generation)
First and second generation Buick Rivieras ('63 to '68)
'56 - '58 (?) Continental Mark II
Full sized GM convertibles from '62 to '72
AMX
AMC Pacer Wagon (ok -- just kidding on this one)
Flat-fender Jeeps

I know it's not american, but I memorized every curve of this car (a red one) on a magazine centerfold poster back when I was 12. XDTVCPCCHY.JPG

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had 2 Corvairs (early) but I liked the 2nd generation looks better.
1936, 1939 and 1940 Ford convertibles.
Pontiac GTO.
First generation Lincoln Continental.
1953 Chevy convertible. My best friend had one - red and white.
Boat tail Auburn and any Duesenberg.
Packard Clipper with the finer grille.
Second the Buick Riviera - but the early ones were terrible handling. I drove one back from Vermont in the pouring rain and it was all over the road.
Corvette Sting Rays and yes, the latest Corvette as well.