• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Earthquake in Oklahoma

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
An earthquake 5.9 just occurred 70 miles West of us and our whole house shook. Sounded like golf ball size hail was hitting the house for a couple seconds, strange, very strange as there was no hail just the sounds. Woke my wife up and the dogs and cat went crazy. Now they just reported 2 more quakes close to the first one. The fault runs through Oklahoma from Texas to Kansas. Attention getter for sure! :rolleyes: PJ

Damage reports just coming in.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just saw the headline on Drudge. Yikes!

I guess that would put you near Tulsa?

>> MAP <<

Look at the "Nearby Places" to the right of the map. "Mashed, OK. Population: 0" (Sounds like a boring place)

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just had #4! Were just to the right of Tulsa on the map. Do to the rocky soil, sedimentary rock, sound and vibrations travels over large distances.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Up to 5 now. After shocks I guess, we haven't felt any of those. PJ

D

Deleted member 8987

Ten years or so ago, the wife and I were on a road trip, stopped for the night in Electric City, just south of Grand Coulee Dam. Standing on the back porch of the motel room, looking west over the vast expanse of old lava (basalt?) that went on forever, I heard an odd sound...like a runaway freight train.....first the rumble, then the cracking and the noise just got to where you wanted to put your hands over your ears....and it hit. About knocked me on my keester.

Next day in Spokane, watching trains at the west end of the big bridge, Latah Junction, railroad crew was surveying and re-aligning track at the SW end. About six months later thye had a BIG derailment right there...cars down next to I-90

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I was in Miami at the Ottowa powwow over the weekend and that quake woke me up. I was more than a little surprised by it.