• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 Gorgeous!

Country flag
While it is goreous, his valencia blue is a little lighter and dash is not correct. Guess I like mine better. I started to put redlines on but had blackwalls all ready mounted. Have a set of G800 Goodyear redlines squirreled away, maybe I should image.jpgput them on.image.jpg

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Marv,
I immediately thought of your car when I got my Hemmings email that featured this one. I wish I had seen yours after it was finished, it was beautiful when you had it in the shop!
Rut

TuffTR250

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I agree with Marvin, and I prefer the look of the original dash. IMHO the burled dashes don't look right in a Triumph.
Regards, Bob

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
While it is goreous, his valencia blue is a little lighter and dash is not correct. Guess I like mine better. I started to put redlines on but had blackwalls all ready mounted. Have a set of G800 Goodyear redlines squirreled away, maybe I should View attachment 44143put them on.View attachment 44142

Hard to tell how accurate the Valencia Blue is, given photography and monitor/device settings, etc. I agree with you on the dash, nice as it looks. And you're one of the few people I've "seen" in years who actually remembers that the Goodyear G800 was the typical tire on these and the TR6 that followed, the Michelins being optional. Of course, I don't think anyone ever reproduced the G800, so....

And I'll assume you'd mount them strictly for show, right? :smile:

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
IMG_3778.jpgIMG_3776.jpg I Think that the 250 has to have the stripe.
More people at non British car shows think it looks cool. I just like it. Otherwise it is just a bada-- TR4, with two extra cylinders.......

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Thank You Pat!
It was a long drive.
New Transmission in Florida. New Fifth wheel hitch in Florida. Destroyed our awning in Florida! Glad to be back home. Never going back to Florida.
Driving the TR3 and the 250 everywhere!

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
Love the Valencia Blue and love the surrey top look. I was tempted to hunt for one several years back when I bought my TR4A. I have never driven/ridden in a car with the surrey and wonder how different the driving experience would be.

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I would love to have a surrey top! Way to much money!!