• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP Pete Fountain

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Somehow I was surprised he was still alive. Johnny Carson loved him and would have him on a lot. Great clarinet.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One of the truly great. The whole city of New Orleans will be standing room only for his funeral.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
One of the best.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I own several of his albums, I always liked his NO style.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I remember seeing him during the halftime show of Super Bowl XVI...in the era before the halftime shows became completely overblown lip-synched Pepsi advertisements. In fact, I consider that particular Super Bowl halftime show probably the most tasteful one in the history of the "big game".

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
As a kid I would listen to his recordings and ~try~ to keep up with him. One of my uncles insisted I learn to play clarinet, parents agreed. I'd sit for hours with records of Pete Fountain, Acker Bilk, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, bleating my brains out. Finally switched to piano... the clarinet had no place to set my CAB down on. :smirk:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
the clarinet had no place to set my CAB down on. :smirk:

effective funnel though :devilgrin:

Our local Jazz station plays Big Band on Sundays - yesterday was particularly music from 1940 - because that was the last time Toronto was this hot. (yes slight hijack)