• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My son wrecked his 97 Saab.

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
My son wrecked his 97 Saab. He wa**** on the passenger side no air bags went off and no one was injured. I putnew fenders and a hood on, but the nose is pushed over at the tip of thefenders about an inch. I tried pulling the fenders back over with a comealong, but could not get it. Has anyone had a car unibody straightened out andthen finish the work themselves?

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
There are several around my area but of course that's a long way from you. It's not a big deal if you got the frame rack and tools. I think a google search will come up with something if someone from your area dos not chime in. Too bad you are on the wrong side of the country. I've got a 96 900 and a 98 9000 that are going for scrap soon. Tom

OP
S

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Yes I wanted to know, if in that trade, people would bring a car in half done and ask them to just straighten out the unibody about an inch; the hood will not fit And yes Tom are they turbo I sure could use a couple of things: The black charcoal canister that sits under the passenger fender, intercooler, and oil cooler. Heck out here the 98 9000 is very desirable.
steve

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
They should be able to straighten as much or as little of the car as you give them. Be sure to specifically show them the points that are off, so they don't miss any hinge/latch point that is off.

D

Deleted member 8987

What part of not my governor state?
I've worked on Saabs....but been a LONG time.

Inner fenders....unibody...they are part of the structure. My guess would be to pull the fenders loose (at least top bolts), loosen radiator or remove is, Port-A-Power from opposing subframe area to top of inner fenders at radiator support and see.
If you tweaked the lower frame portion, it will take a frame rack to pull it back. Hard to cross measure with all the engine, trans and suspension in the way.

Then, if MacPherson struts, the upper mounts are part of inner fender...and consitute alignment issues if out of whack....and you'll eat tyres...so frame shop it really your best option just to make sure.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm helping a couple with the estate of her Brother,who collected 18+ cars
on his property.There are 2 Saab hardtops - a '75 Wagonback,in great shape (hasn't run in years-
in a garage),a '90 900 2 door hatchback,Silver,with a near perfect body,hasn't run for a while,&
two convertibles that need restoration.
PM me if you're interested.View attachment 43950View attachment 43951View attachment 43952View attachment 43953

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Yes I wanted to know, if in that trade, people would bring a car in half done and ask them to just straighten out the unibody about an inch; the hood will not fit And yes Tom are they turbo I sure could use a couple of things: The black charcoal canister that sits under the passenger fender, intercooler, and oil cooler. Heck out here the 98 9000 is very desirable.
steve
Will send PM. Tom