• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vids from 4th of July Run in Malibu CA

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am having trouble figuring out what perspective I'm looking at? Where was the camera mounted?

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Camera was mounted passenger side lower windshield. You should be able to rotate the view 360 degrees on the X axis and 240 on the Y axis. If there is not a grey circle with arrows on the upper left of the video it may not have loaded correctly.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Cool videos. I didn't get the grey circle with arrows, but the perspective was interesting.

Drove an excellent LBC road over the weekend, Hwy 1 between Olema and Stinson Beach. Really wished I had the Healey, a MH was way too wide.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Camera was mounted passenger side lower windshield. You should be able to rotate the view 360 degrees on the X axis and 240 on the Y axis. If there is not a grey circle with arrows on the upper left of the video it may not have loaded correctly.

Just noticed message that 360 playback is not supported on my browser (Safari)

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
if you have an iphone or pad load the video's in the youtube app and you can view them that way. Also you can move the view by either your finger or by moving the phone its self.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Microsquish "Edge" browser does support the grey-arrow thing... and it's amazing how you can pan the camera around!
How did you do that? Is there some sort of GoPro feature?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I could even pivot the camera up to the sky! Must have been a special camera to capture all that data.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Funny that all the posts are on the technology, and not on the drive!

"The medium is the message" (Marshall McLuhan).

What car are you driving? It's not the Titanium Grey Metallic!

Also, THANK YOU for not adding a sound track. Hearing the car's engine and gear changes are music to my ears.

Tom M.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Well, the roads were amazing too. Lots of real driving to enjoy (and view too). Still, WHAT camera does that?

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
It's a 360 fly 4k camera. Single camera with a special lens that give you the extended view.

The car is a 67 MGB GT. The Grey one is down for paint and general overhaul.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Feels like I'm right there and looking about in the car and outside. Great ride.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That is a great drive,but why U in such a hurry---:congratulatory:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I finally got it to work using Opera browser. That looks like it was a fun drive! Some parts of that road remind me of the Hiway 14 (Turquoise Trail) that runs from just east of Albuquerque north to Santa Fe.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You drove a BRITISH car on the 4th of July?
Something ironic there.

(So did I)

catfood

Jedi Knight