• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Where On Earth is Mickey?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
PICT0021.jpg

Moderators can't play!

More pics later...

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Looks like you are on a cruise.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Inna rubber raft drifting somewhere between Cape Hatteras and the Canary Islands?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ona raft looking west.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Uh-uh, Boss - can't play!

i guess I can't play either. On account O having a hint. But I will say that while I know, getting to that place, Mickey & I passed like two ships in the night. :grin:

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Most recent:

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

Country flag
I'm not sure but I think I saw Jack Sparrow in one of the pictures....... :smile:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I know where you're not. Too many BIG hills.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Latest hint (different location than earlier):

PICT0060.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I recognize this bridge view as from Copenhagen (with the palace in the background?).

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I recognize this bridge view as from Copenhagen (with the palace in the background?).

Bingo!

This was today's port of call. We're on a cruise with Jeff and Jan Zorn, of Little British Car Co., and 60+ others. Arrived in London last week; departed Southampton and previous stop was Oslo. On to Tallin, Estonia; followed by St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki; and Bruges, Belgium. Back to London for a couple days, then on to Evesham in the Cotswolds for a few days to visit John Macartney. You may remember he was the one who traveled across the US in a TR Stag a few years ago to raise money for PTSD studies. He stayed with us a couple days when he went through Tennessee.

We've traveled a bit, but never done a cruise before. This is one BIG ship!

Will try to post more pictures as we go. However, internet is really slow, and loading these things on to Photobucket takes forever; will have to wait 'til we get home to get them all in one place. The ones I've posted here were direct from the camera card.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Ski jump in Oslo. Fog and rain blocked the view of the top of it!

PICT0029.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
My wife and I have always avoided cruises, but we do hear good things. We're going to do our first this September: starting in Quebec City and then up the St. Lawrence (PEI and such) then out to see and around New England ending in New York. Not a huge ship.
We were in Bergen (Norway) last July and I noticed that it's a popular place for cruise ships to stop as well. Always thought I'd like to do one that went into St. Petersburg. Did you see the Hermitage?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ski jump in Oslo. Fog and rain blocked the view of the top of it!

View attachment 43632

Your post came in before I got to comment. We saw that ski-jump in Oslo last year. Amazing. You can even see it from the downtown area. Oslo is a spectacular city; we were there for a few days and it was sunny and warm, but just about the time we thought "hey, we should move here" we were told that there are about 20 such nice days per year! LOL

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Did you see the Hermitage?

Andrew Jackson's home? Sure, it's just down the road from us in Nashville - been there several times! :jester:

No, we don't get to St. Petersburg for another couple days. I believe it's on the tour.