• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mice!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
So a while back I replaced the hard white plastic fuel lines (similar to original) in the trunk (boot) of my 67 E-Type. These are the lines that run from the tank to the pump and from the pump to the bulkhead (where it mates to a steel line that runs under the car up to the engine). Anyway, I recently got back to finishing up installing the tank, etc in the boot and found that mice had chewed through the new lines! Now I have to replace them again, but this time I am going to cover them with steel braided hose cover!

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Sitting too long, so something has to enjoy the Jag. Time's wastin' Basil, before long the mice will drive it away before you! :excitement:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sitting too long, so something has to enjoy the Jag. Time's wastin' Basil, before long the mice will drive it away before you! :excitement:

LOL! Yeah, tel me about it! But I am trying to do a little something every day, so I'm making progress.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Fuel lines! You've got some serious mice in NM. My rodentia took up residence (and died) in the cavity in the bulkhead behind the glovebox.

Mouse_zps056b4b96.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
My MK1 had a nest under dash on pass. side behind glove box, the size of a basketball. Was full of acorns and mice rice. I fired up a V-12, that had been stored in a dry heated garage, and shot mice, dog food and babies out the exhaust. Was running engine in shop when I heard these splats, went to look and was bouncing everything off the wall. The exhaust is low, so beware.