Thread: Have you driven an FFN Lately?

Planning a local or regional event in your area? Tell us about it here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you driven an FFN Lately?

Santa Monica Sports Cars Club wants you! We are introducing a "Kinder and Gentler" rally style for you people who just want to have fun driving your

car. We are changing the game to make it easier to learn how to do TSD rallies and we need beginners to come try out the new Class D simplified

instructions. Bring a friend to the First Friday Niter Rally on July 1 at 7:00 PM. We meet in the parking lot behind Bank of America at the intersection

of Devonshire and Sepulveda. Check out the basics at SMSCC.ORG.

Have you driven an FFN Lately?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Re: Have you driven an FFN Lately?

Please tell us more! I couldn't find any mention of "Class D simplified" at https://www.smscc.org/ and the posted rules have more twists than the ACA!

Just one example, does a smart phone with a rally app violate the "stock odometer" rule? It's not an odometer, doesn't know how far the wheels have turned.
    Randall
    56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
    71 Stag LE1473L waiting engine rebuild
    71-72-73 Stag LE2013LBW waiting OD gearbox rebuild

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Have you driven an FFN Lately?

We have not changed the website to show the changes. We have written special class D instructions that gives extra information to help you stay on course and make the event more FUN! This rally was a great success with lots of new people having a blast in their cars. The next one is July 30 and it's a day rally called "Not My Fault". Yes the posted rules are daunting. I am trying to change that. Just try to memorize the abbreviations, like FLR means "Follow the Lined Road". The course instructions will explain everything. The smart phone app should move you up to Class C, I believe. I will check.